Savic and his all round game

Courtney Meppen-Walter our youth player retweeted last night someone's message saying he should have played instead of Savic.

He then deleted the tweet after Micah posted the message about giving Savic a break or something along the lines of that.

Gave him the benefit of the doubt after some dreadful performances (i.e penalty in 1st cc leg and assist to 1st spud goal on sun) but wanted him subbed after about 10 minutes last night!

Remember him playing well at right back (think it was a european game) but dont think he'll ever be a good enough centre half for where we want to be! BUT he wasn't bought to be a regular starter this season he's just had step in to due to unforeseen circumstances!

and dont get me started on Kolarov!!

dan34 said:
he's just had step in to due to unforeseen circumstances
On the contrary, we bought him because we foresaw something like this could happen. We never imagined a ban this long, but with Kolo at the ACON, if anything happened to one of our CBs, we would have had no natural CB to replace him with.'

So no, we weren't expecting a Kompany, but we bought him to be "good enough."

Jumanji said:
dan34 said:
On the contrary, we bought him because we foresaw something like this could happen. We never imagined a ban this long, but with Kolo at the ACON, if anything happened to one of our CBs, we would have had no natural CB to replace him with.'

He is no better than Boyata or Ned, in fact not as good.

Happy Feet said:
Jumanji said:
dan34 said:

exactly, thought he was bought as a 5th/6th choice cb personally

Happy Feet said:
Jumanji said:
dan34 said:

Correct.

Happy Feet said:
Jumanji said:
dan34 said:

Correct. Clearly the issue with Ned is personal but Boyata showed much more promise than Savic (imo). Personally, I would have liked Boyata to have been loaned out to a championship club last season and brought back with a bit more experience for this season. And for Savic to have been loaned out this season (if it would have been allowed) so he could have been tried next season. I fear that Savic will never make it with us now because of the harrowing experience of recent weeks.

Lancet Fluke said:
[
Correct. Clearly the issue with Ned is personal but Boyata showed much more promise than Savic (imo). Personally, I would have liked Boyata to have been loaned out to a championship club last season and brought back with a bit more experience for this season. And for Savic to have been loaned out this season (if it would have been allowed) so he could have been tried next season. I fear that Savic will never make it with us now because of the harrowing experience of recent weeks.

Spot on, sadly.

Lancet Fluke said:
Happy Feet said:
Jumanji said:

There are too many personal grudges for my liking. Nedum is never a top 4 central defender but as a sub/Squad player he would be ok. As a result Boyota,and Nedum would have been ok as reserve center backs. We did not need to spend £7m on another reserve defender Adebayor, Bellamy,Nedum...Grudge after grudge and never any forgiveness and reconcilliation. None of those 3 are bad players

Mancini picks the team

If the player is not up to it then Mancini takes the wrap

Leave Savic alone, he is trying his best.

Have a go a Bobby

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.