Savic Loan To Wolves

Boyata was thrown into the deep end playing in 2 major derbys yet he did not not make any major mistakes, so why does savic deserve more of a chance than boyata?<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:33 am --<br /><br />
rastus said:
blutomato42 said:
I'd imagine the CB partnership would be Johnson and Savic, but I've seen Danny Batth on a few occasions and at times, playing in League 1, he looked better than Savic.

So not sure if he'd start every game, but he needs experience, and he's definitely got the potential to be a success at City.
Danny Batth, imo was very poor. Savic made 1 or 2 mistakes in the PL
Hes made more mistakes than that

This has got to be the most gossipy, bitchy he said/she said thread ever and quite honestly unbecoming of the site. Make your points and move on lads. Sorry if I appear sanctimoinious. Now my point is.....

Every great CB had made mistakes when young. Some have been more gargantuan than others. But you can NEVER 100% predict how every player will develop....EVER. So why rejoice in labelling one of our young players shite?

Was not Richard Dunne one of City's ever finest CB's? Did he not have more than several absolute shockers? Give the Savic lad a chance.

Don't be too hard on the lad, he looked classy at times, just his few mistakes cost us. I've not read all the thread but would you have thought about relying on Lescott after being given the run around by Burnley and the like a couple of seasons ago? Players can turn things round. We have had loads of examples at our club over the years. It might not work out for him, but it's a possibility. Farm him out and see what happens.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Boyata was thrown into the deep end playing in 2 major derbys yet he did not not make any major mistakes, so why does savic deserve more of a chance than boyata?

-- Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:33 am --

rastus said:
blutomato42 said:
I'd imagine the CB partnership would be Johnson and Savic, but I've seen Danny Batth on a few occasions and at times, playing in League 1, he looked better than Savic.

So not sure if he'd start every game, but he needs experience, and he's definitely got the potential to be a success at City.
Danny Batth, imo was very poor. Savic made 1 or 2 mistakes in the PL
Hes made more mistakes than that

Boyata played for a completely different team, playing style wise. It's very difficult to find defenders comfortable on the ball. Not to mention we played de Jong, Barry and Yaya much deeper than Savic had at his luxury.

Savic > Boyata.

Although that's not saying a fuck lot.

FantasyIreland said:
Matt.D said:
FantasyIreland said:
Onouha is wank.

Onouha is 10 times the player Savic is. Onouha isn't "wank" he's just a standard, mid table premier league defender. No better, no worse. These are the kind of players who as 4th choice in your squad are ok.

Savic as 4th choice in a squad like ours is an embarrassment. The people saying different need to ask themselves what would they be doing if he played for the rags. The answer would be pissing themselves with laughter at an absolute clown an praying he stays with them and plays.

I disagree,and kolo as 3rd choice is the bigger worry.

Onouha is better than Savic, and Savic was nothing short of shite last season, that's not a matter of opinion.

Agree with you on Kolo though, not even close to being good enough anymore.

City sold Nedum for 3 M

Bought Savic for 7 M

And now they want to loan him to a championship club !

Scottyboi said:
The kid was thrown in the deep end big time, his reading of the game will come with time. Being in the championship battling it out week in week out will bring on his game tenfold. Then Mancini can mould him into the player he wants, just like Joe Hart.

If that happens then we're all happy.

Just so long as we're not watching him playing in a League Cup semi final v Andy Carroll or a potential title decider against Spurs, again.

If he's playing for Wolves, he can't do any harm.

I half expected you to add another CB to compete with Lescott for a place alongside Kompany.

Savic looked pretty poor when I watched him, it's an unforgiving league for a young defender if you dont get off on the right foot. Kolo is obviously nearing the end too.

Vertoghen would have been a good addition IMO, actually think Vermaelen aswell would slot in great alongside Kompany but he signed a new deal last season.

Neville Kneville said:
Scottyboi said:
The kid was thrown in the deep end big time, his reading of the game will come with time. Being in the championship battling it out week in week out will bring on his game tenfold. Then Mancini can mould him into the player he wants, just like Joe Hart.

If that happens then we're all happy.

Just so long as we're not watching him playing in a League Cup semi final v Andy Carroll or a potential title decider against Spurs, again.

If he's playing for Wolves, he can't do any harm.

Yep and even if he doesn't turn into the player we hoped, when you are a top club you can sell average players at inflated prices. Unless they are on stupid wages like our shower of shit that hughes signed.

What's with people being negative about Boyata?

In the games he played for City before going out on loan I thought after a nervous start he looked more accomplished with every game he played, whether it be at right back at centre back.

Certainly worth having him in our squad next season, although I can't imagine him being any higher than 4th choice CB. Being relegated with Bolton might have helped him character wise, as well.

As for Savic, Wolves is a very good move for him. Would prefer to see him at Wigan/Swansea/QPR but still a decent place for him. I for one would not rule out him having a future here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.