Savic Loan To Wolves

CTID101 said:
Neville Kneville said:
I can't remember, but it's a bit different signing a geezer who has played 100s of games in Spain & is an Argy international & giving him a chance in a struggling team, as opposed to bringing in an untried kid with no reputation & sticking him in a team that is trying to win the league.
He wasn't stuck in the team just so Mancini could prove himself right. He played because of suspension and injury.

Stability is a huge part of any defence. It is why Lescott and Kompany play well together.

You cannot expect a player never mind a defender to come in and be great straight away. Coming from a completely different league with hardly if any big game experience. IIRC he hasnt played next to Kompany who makes the CB next to him alot more comfortable and secure straight away.

I really don't know what you want/expect from the kid. Now if we can all stop the nonsense of whos better and who isn't and also the quite frankly laughable NipHolmes who is despite his best efforts really isn't covering up the fact he likes to think he is some kind of football genius and because he predicted Berbatov's failure at the rags his opinion on Savic is gospel.

Until it is proven he is not cut out for the prem by actually getting some proper game time and or Mancini sees fit to sell him lets support our players?

This is getting beyond ridiculous.

I'm not suggesting for one second that Mancini put him in the team to prove he was right. I am suggesting that we signed a player unfit for the purpose of being a Premier League defender at a time when we needed a Premier League defender for our squad, & that we let better players, who could have done a better job, go.

He was put in the team because we needed a defender & we mistakenly thought he could do that job. He was a liability who almost cost us the title & several cups.

You are now suggesting that, even if he's shit, we stick him in the team anyway, just to help him along & all cheer him on, even though he's shit. BUT if Mancini decides he's shit, then we just fuck him off & presumably we are then allowed to admit that he's shit & it's ok to have an opinion because Mancini thinks he's shit too?

It's bizarre on here at times.

I think he's fucking shite & we should get him out of the club NOW.

If he comes back from a loan period & is brilliant, I will be absolutely delighted.

If he stays & is brilliant, I will be absolutely delighted. If he stays & costs us points however, it will be a fuck up of gargantuan proportions, because he appears to be shite & we have been warned, so if we play him & he fucks us up, we are a bunch of clowns.

NipHolmes said:
mcfcdaytona said:
NipHolmes said:
My opinion is no worse or better. He gets paid for his opinion on a massive level and therefor his opinion carries more weight.

I simply feel Savic is inadequate to the prem. Why we passed on Cahill is beyond me. We need good English players where possible and Cahill is one of them. It boots quota and a player that's suited to the league already.

My opinion is that Mancini thought Savic is better than he is. Or he was lead to believe such. He dropped a bollock and the fact Savic featured little and has been loaned out gives foundation for my opinion and others that feel the same.

Why would 'one of Europe's most promising young defenders' (as I read in an article) be loaned out when it leaves us short with the possible departure of Kolo. Pretty easy to read between the lines.

Fergie bought Berbatov and on my life I said he'd flop due to not fitting system and I was called a bitter because he chose them over us. I was right wasn't I? That's me being right over the premierships second best manager (Mourinho is world best imho) who's won trophy after trophy, year after year. I never once pretend to be a guru but if I see a player I know a player. Savic isn't a player, he's a slow and cumbersome player who cannot pass with confidence, he lacks authority and is poor positionally, he cannot pivot quickly and looks unsteady when faced with a quick player. I have little good to day about him and I'd go as far as saying we will be lumbered with him for years if he doesn't pull up trees for Wolves. I hope and pray I'm wrong. I really do but I see another Bridge situation.

Wow I think I've heard some things before - but comparing a player that was nearly 9 years older at the time of signing and had refused to move off his pampered Chelsea bench arse on two occasions to 2 different clubs for regular football & only joined City because he was increasing his wages further to a young international player who had been given the mantle of one of those young players to watch in the future - Savic may end up being a flop - but he is not a near 100k/week lazy waste of space - his wages means he could be transferred fairly easily- granted at a capital loss.

Did you read all of that and simply pick out the Bridge comment aye?

I simply meant I feared that we would be lumbered with a player nobody wants. Not once did I mention wages. I simply meant we will be forced to keep and loan out until we either get a buyer or keep loaning until his contract expires. That's all, your taking what I said out of context to be fair.

Bridge refused a loan to Celtic whereas Savic has gone down a division for game time. Parallels can be drawn but imo we will lose on this kid. I can't see Wolves paying all his wages either so now we are subsidizing his loan possibly, great.

Subsidising his wages could be great if he develops into the player that his prior reputation had gathered - either way his lower wages will make it a damn sight easier for him to be transfered out of the club should it not work out - thus never in this or any other life would a Bridge situation arrive - so it was naive to suggest such a thing - because our Bridge has arisen because the player has at both Chelsea & City chosen to sit on his contract rather than appreciate that a professional football career is not the longest and possibly enjoy the respect of fans of a new club for a little less money - not something that you can label at Savic at this time.

mcfcdaytona said:
NipHolmes said:
mcfcdaytona said:
Wow I think I've heard some things before - but comparing a player that was nearly 9 years older at the time of signing and had refused to move off his pampered Chelsea bench arse on two occasions to 2 different clubs for regular football & only joined City because he was increasing his wages further to a young international player who had been given the mantle of one of those young players to watch in the future - Savic may end up being a flop - but he is not a near 100k/week lazy waste of space - his wages means he could be transferred fairly easily- granted at a capital loss.

I simply meant I feared that we would be lumbered with a player nobody wants. Not once did I mention wages. I simply meant we will be forced to keep and loan out until we either get a buyer or keep loaning until his contract expires. That's all, your taking what I said out of context to be fair.

Bridge refused a loan to Celtic whereas Savic has gone down a division for game time. Parallels can be drawn but imo we will lose on this kid. I can't see Wolves paying all his wages either so now we are subsidizing his loan possibly, great.

Subsidising his wages could be great if he develops into the player that his prior reputation had gathered - either way his lower wages will make it a damn sight easier for him to be transfered out of the club should it not work out - thus never in this or any other life would a Bridge situation arrive - so it was naive to suggest such a thing - because our Bridge has arisen because the player has at both Chelsea & City chosen to sit on his contract rather than appreciate that a professional football career is not the longest and possibly enjoy the respect of fans of a new club for a little less money - not something that you can label at Savic at this time.

You have completely taken what I said out of context, completely.

Anyhow, if he's shit at Wolves and they choose not to play him then we are stuck with a 7million player that a championship team don't fancy who's on good wages. We would need extremely good luck when we try to sell him in such a situation. City lose and he costs us money (ffp) that could be used to budget for a better plauer that we need and can field immediately.

No matter which way you cut it, Savic was bought to play and straightaway. Not a year down the line but now. Now we are loaning him out its safe to say he didn't impress as thought. Therefore he hasn't lived up to what we hoped which was that he'd be an active member of our first team squad. That he could fill in when required and perform at a high level. Go watch the Spurs game which was a paramount must win game and view his dire performance. A liability as KN put it, a truly terrible run of errors that could of easily resulted in that trophy we are coveting, into the hands of United.

This is why he's no good to us. We are champions, a team with aspirations to be the elite. Savic isn't at the level we are now and nor intend to be. Now if I was Villa, Norwich, Swansea etc I'd give him the chance. But for us I don't intend that, he should be put towards a package like the Cavani deal which was rumoured.

I hope he pulls up trees at Wolves but I can't see it. If hw doesn't impress we are stuck with him imo. Right now he can live on 'reputation' and label his form here as inexperienced and that he wasn't adapted adequately to our game.

We are here to buy world class players and bring through world class players. Savic will not br one, ever.

NipHolmes said:
mcfcdaytona said:
NipHolmes said:

You have completely taken what I said out of context, completely.

Anyhow, if he's shit at Wolves and they choose not to play him then we are stuck with a 7million player that a championship team don't fancy who's on good wages. We would need extremely good luck when we try to sell him in such a situation. City lose and he costs us money (ffp) that could be used to budget for a better plauer that we need and can field immediately.

No matter which way you cut it, Savic was bought to play and straightaway. Not a year down the line but now. Now we are loaning him out its safe to say he didn't impress as thought. Therefore he hasn't lived up to what we hoped which was that he'd be an active member of our first team squad. That he could fill in when required and perform at a high level. Go watch the Spurs game which was a paramount must win game and view his dire performance. A liability as KN put it, a truly terrible run of errors that could of easily resulted in that trophy we are coveting, into the hands of United.

This is why he's no good to us. We are champions, a team with aspirations to be the elite. Savic isn't at the level we are now and nor intend to be. Now if I was Villa, Norwich, Swansea etc I'd give him the chance. But for us I don't intend that, he should be put towards a package like the Cavani deal which was rumoured.

I hope he pulls up trees at Wolves but I can't see it. If hw doesn't impress we are stuck with him imo. Right now he can live on 'reputation' and label his form here as inexperienced and that he wasn't adapted adequately to our game.

We are here to buy world class players and bring through world class players. Savic will not br one, ever.

I tend to hold the view that he will not make world class as well - but whether he is a success or not at Wolves will have little bearing on his standing throughout europe as England & PL is perceived as it's own entity and so the european transfer market will still be available as so we can move him on as a current international defender - having a young talent that cost around £7m and if reports are right is on very low wages for City's standards is not going to have a significant impact on FFP for the club. If a swap deal for a big star can happen - then great - but City will I suspect not be sweating over moving him on as much as a certain other few.

Neville Kneville said:
This is getting beyond ridiculous.

I'm not suggesting for one second that Mancini put him in the team to prove he was right. I am suggesting that we signed a player unfit for the purpose of being a Premier League defender at a time when we needed a Premier League defender for our squad, & that we let better players, who could have done a better job, go.

He was put in the team because we needed a defender & we mistakenly thought he could do that job. He was a liability who almost cost us the title & several cups.

You are now suggesting that, even if he's shit, we stick him in the team anyway, just to help him along & all cheer him on, even though he's shit. BUT if Mancini decides he's shit, then we just fuck him off & presumably we are then allowed to admit that he's shit & it's ok to have an opinion because Mancini thinks he's shit too?

It's bizarre on here at times.

I think he's fucking shite & we should get him out of the club NOW.

If he comes back from a loan period & is brilliant, I will be absolutely delighted.

If he stays & is brilliant, I will be absolutely delighted. If he stays & costs us points however, it will be a fuck up of gargantuan proportions, because he appears to be shite & we have been warned, so if we play him & he fucks us up, we are a bunch of clowns.
You said “bringing in an untried kid with no reputation & sticking him in a team that is trying to win the league”

He wasn’t stuck in the team though was he. He came in as backup and was forced to play in key games which was not good for his development so soon after joining.

Name me one other CB who in his first season had to come in suddenly and play against Liverpool twice and then Tottenham. Hes struggled in the Tottenham game and you could say he did v Swansea but I am sorry that game should have been won anyway.
Three very difficult games alongside a defender who has limited leader qualities to help Savic along.

You could say that Kompany is a liability also if you want to use Savic's performances as nearly costing us the league because he nearly cost us the league being sent off at key stages during the season notably January where we also missed Yaya and you could also say he did cost us the FA by being sent off after 12mins even though it wasn’t a red it happened Kompany being suspended because of the rags in the FA you could also argue cost us in the carling v Liverpool because Savic had to be thrown in and Liverpool were playing fantastically in the cup games.

Stop blaming everything on Savic because you don’t rate him.

He isn’t shit though so I have no problems him being in the team but he needs game time and time to develop. If it comes to 2 seasons and there is no improvement then Mancini will get rid as we know. If it comes to 2014 and he isn’t here and has been sold then I will admit I was wrong because 3 years is plenty of time during which he should have developed.

Now I think we should leave it here because we are clearly never going to agree and we are just filling up this thread with nothing to do with the transfer.

So back OT. I hope Savic gets a move to somewhere like Wolves. Will do his confidence and development a lot of good.

FantasyIreland said:
Onouha is wank.

Onouha is 10 times the player Savic is. Onouha isn't "wank" at all, he's just a standard, mid table premier league defender. No better, no worse. These are the kind of players who as 4th choice in your squad are ok.

Savic as 4th choice in a squad like ours is an embarrassment. The people saying different need to ask themselves what would they be doing if he played for the rags. The answer would be pissing themselves with laughter at an absolute clown an praying he stays with them and plays and continues to cost them points.

Matt.D said:
FantasyIreland said:
Onouha is wank.

Onouha is 10 times the player Savic is. Onouha isn't "wank" he's just a standard, mid table premier league defender. No better, no worse. These are the kind of players who as 4th choice in your squad are ok.

Savic as 4th choice in a squad like ours is an embarrassment. The people saying different need to ask themselves what would they be doing if he played for the rags. The answer would be pissing themselves with laughter at an absolute clown an praying he stays with them and plays.

I disagree,and kolo as 3rd choice is the bigger worry.

I'd imagine the CB partnership would be Johnson and Savic, but I've seen Danny Batth on a few occasions and at times, playing in League 1, he looked better than Savic.

So not sure if he'd start every game, but he needs experience, and he's definitely got the potential to be a success at City.

blutomato42 said:
I'd imagine the CB partnership would be Johnson and Savic, but I've seen Danny Batth on a few occasions and at times, playing in League 1, he looked better than Savic.

So not sure if he'd start every game, but he needs experience, and he's definitely got the potential to be a success at City.
Danny Batth, imo was very poor. Savic made 1 or 2 mistakes in the PL

The kid was thrown in the deep end big time, his reading of the game will come with time. Being in the championship battling it out week in week out will bring on his game tenfold. Then Mancini can mould him into the player he wants, just like Joe Hart.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.