savic watch

strongbowholic said:
Told you my earlier post would jinx him. Bit of a baptism of fire but the experience will do him good; I expect he will come on for having had that game.

Interesting that for the goal, Richards & Lescott swapped over?

Because Lescott was taking responsibility for stopping Helguson expecting the other two would be able to cope with the (to most defenders) comfortably stoppabble Jay Bothroyd. Unfortunately this wasn't the case.

He looks to be a composed player but imho needs to bulk out a bit so he isn't getting out-muscled by the likes of Davies, Helguson etc. His positioning could do wiht some work but fair enough it was only his first PL start.

I think someone like Hangeland, Samba etc would be good cover for VK/Lescott (maybe more for Lescott), I do worry about how we will cope in defence if either of them get a long term injury and we end up playing Savic or Kolo on an extended basis.

5 CB's - VK, Joleon, Savic, Boyata + Samba/Hangeland isn't too excessive if Kolo goes to PSG. Samba/Hangeland for 2-3 years to give Savic & Boyata time to mature, they'll both be about 22-24 by then. As someone said, you don't get many young CBs getting loads of games as the main CB.

There is no guarantee either Savic or Boyata will make it. Bolton looked a lot better without Boyata but with journeyman David Wheater & Savic didn't look any better than anyone elses 20 year old reserve CB.

We just have to wait & see IF they make the grade, not assume they automatically will.

Neville Kneville said:
Because Lescott was taking responsibility for stopping Helguson expecting the other two would be able to cope with the (to most defenders) comfortably stoppabble Jay Bothroyd. Unfortunately this wasn't the case.
...nah Jolo was only obeying orders...the buck stops with skipper Micah!!!

You dont become a great footballer by not making mistakes and not getting games. With time and good training and opportunities to grow as a player savic will be really good in a few years. Yes he is rough but so was micah or vincent.

Mancini is clearly planning for the future, with having the likes of Savic and Boyata either in the team or on the fringes of the team, so they can start to gain the experience needed to compete in the EPL, and also allowing further training to iron out any bad habits, Mancini will instill a sense of being comfortable on holding onto the ball around the 18yard box and to play it out to the likes of Barry,Milner,or Nasri ect. instead of booting the ball just down the middle and so handing the ball back to the opposition, and remember last wednesday night the pace of the game was a lot slower for Savic compared to Saturday when it seemed to be going at a 100mph. I like the fact that City have finally got some quality defenders and yes some of them are young and very raw, but in due time and given enough game time, further training ect we should have a decent backline that will stick around for quite a while..........

Had a shocker against qpr but you can see he has great potential.i am convinced he will prove to be a great defender.Trust Mancini.

smiles said:
He had a off game and was responsible for all goals conceded, but he's very young and is just getting started at City, so I wouldn't write him off.
No, I still blame AJ for the second goal.

As a 20 year old, out into a team thats top of the premiership, its his first year in the competition and has had a handful of games, i think the lad is doing really well and can see him only getting better and better. He was brilliant vs Birmingham in the cup. He will learn quickly im sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.