Savic

Re: Savic, gonna be world class!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
jimharri said:
Stillsy said:
Hes fucking awful.
Wouldn't go that far, to be fair to the lad. Poor? Yes. Inconsistent? Yes. Unreliable, at the moment? Undoubtedly.

Im pretty sure all your 3 points added togetether = AWFUL
Think Creaney, Frontzeck, Bradbury, Conlon, Clough, Fat Bob etc etc ad infinitum. Now they were awful! Savic has played well occasionally (the CC game at the Emirates springs to mind). Problem is, for every Emirates performance, there is (at least) one Loftus Road in there as well.

Sorry hate to sound pessimistic, but I'd be extremely surprised if Savic did overtime become 'world-class'. A decent enough player no doubt with the guidance of Mancini and the players from our defence. Wish him well though just seems too nervy for my liking I know he's young however when you've got team-mates around you like Micah, Joleon/Vinnie and Nigel it should make your job a lot easier.

I like the guy, def one for the future, came in for difficult games. Still think Richard ashcroft is a good buy.

yatesy94 said:
Sorry hate to sound pessimistic, but I'd be extremely surprised if Savic did overtime become 'world-class'. A decent enough player no doubt with the guidance of Mancini and the players from our defence. Wish him well though just seems too nervy for my liking I know he's young however when you've got team-mates around you like Micah, Joleon/Vinnie and Nigel it should make your job a lot easier.
Well to be blunt, Lescott looked a complete liability for a long time. Now he's playing excellent football. Give the kid time and coaching. We don't know how he'll turn out.

taconinja said:
Neville Kneville said:
Instead of sending him on loan & giving the lad chance etc etc. Why don't we just sell him & sign a young player who is better than him ? Why does turning Savic into a player have to be our problem ?

Or are we supposed to believe that a lad who lacks pace, strength, aerial ability & positional sense is the best prospect available in the world & we can't possibly get anyone better ?
Well I feel I'm supposed to believe our manager who seems to have a fair eye for talent.

Why, which unknown gems has Mancini brought in ?<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:01 pm --<br /><br />
taconinja said:
yatesy94 said:
Well to be blunt, Lescott looked a complete liability for a long time. Now he's playing excellent football. Give the kid time and coaching. We don't know how he'll turn out.

The only difference with Lescott is that people have stopped picking on him every time he makes a mistake.

He still makes them, but now people forgive him, like they do when VK drops a bollock. Lescott was miles, miles better than Savic when he was a kid at Wolves.

Neville Kneville said:
taconinja said:
Neville Kneville said:
Instead of sending him on loan & giving the lad chance etc etc. Why don't we just sell him & sign a young player who is better than him ? Why does turning Savic into a player have to be our problem ?

Or are we supposed to believe that a lad who lacks pace, strength, aerial ability & positional sense is the best prospect available in the world & we can't possibly get anyone better ?
Well I feel I'm supposed to believe our manager who seems to have a fair eye for talent.

Why, which unknown gems has Mancini brought in ?

-- Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:01 pm --

taconinja said:
yatesy94 said:

The only difference with Lescott is that people have stopped picking on him every time he makes a mistake.

He still makes them, but now people forgive him, like they do when VK drops a bollock. Lescott was miles, miles better than Savic when he was a kid at Wolves.
No, he's improved. His confidence is much better and that's easy to see.

And who said anything about "unknown gems" or any such nonsense? I said the manager has an eye for talent. Give him time. It won't work out every time, but that's just how it is.

can understand to a point ppl slagging off senior players who have had bad run of form, but slagging off a kid ffs, the guy was thrown in at deep end, yes he made mistakes, no fucker is perfect, every player makes mistakes, its whether he learns from them, hes young and needs more experience and experience players round him like vinnie will help him grow.

so leave off the kid until we know either way

Neville Kneville said:
taconinja said:
Neville Kneville said:

Why, which unknown gems has Mancini brought in ?

-- Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:01 pm --

taconinja said:
yatesy94 said:

Well, this kid wasn't unknown man. He was highly rated and was a national team regular. A number of teams wanted him but only we were willing to stump up 5 mill in cash with 2 mill add-ons. I like the kid to be honest. He is great on the ball and has a fantastic passing range - better than kompany's at least. He also decent pace on the turn. He is naive but he is a good defender. Dont think he will be "world class" but can still be a top defender for us. He is only 21, loan at a PL club next year or at roma as was suggested earlier and we can see how he develops. I can see his quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.