Scariest away day following City

My first ever away game that as a 16 year old. My 16 year old son has been about 15 aways and done Wembley 6 times...how times have changed

The train station was right at the back of the ground. Looked like a crown green bowling academy as we rolled in.

They didnt last long in our end. They were full of themselves at first, and then scrambling to get out of a small opening in the fence.

Went to both the rags game and members cup final.. Coach to Wembley took a detour and we ended up in a shitty pub with a few Chelsea who said fuck all.
On coach to ground and we were stuck in traffic with Chelsea everywhere and coach was attacked all the way to car park.
Was chaos in the ground but we had to fight just to get in..
Our coach was smashed up after game and tear gas canister chucked on so we all got off and ended up fighting again.
Was freezing going back as half the windows were smashed.. Our coach was shown on TV and I think it was on muen too.
Was a good day out though..

Always remember some graffiti on a subway ( a tunnel under a road ) walking to the swamp which had spayed on it, THE MAD MANCHESTER CITY BOMB SQUAD

We where in the main stand, got walked round the pitch by the stewards before kick off. Think it was the manc accents that gave us away. Got pelted with coins. City end behind the goal was rammed.

The warm reminiscing may be sad to read but it doesn't alter the fact that, for many of us, it was just part and parcel of following football, nobody is saying it's right, it just happened and we were part of it therefore we warmly reminisce. There wasnt much that could touch the rush of adrenalin felt at away games, even if you weren't a thug you still needed to come up with an exit strategy from almost every ground we ever played at, that alone leaves you with a memory.
Just trying to offer some perspective to your point, I've seen you say similar before, they were different times, it's a shame you can't accept that we're not glorifying it, they are fond memories, nothing more.
There’s no question it was intoxicating to be around and made you feel alive even if, like me, you couldn’t fight your way of of a paper bag.

it’s the same reason I’ve always enjoyed being in rough boozers that could go up at any time.

Full Members we did ok given so outnumbered.

There were hundreds of Chelsea in our end , it kicked off every few minutes ,but some of the Chavs were trying to get out after about half an hour , looking back not proud of my actions that day , (seemed to think there was some Millwall in there and they were fighting the Chavs as well) but it was self defence guv.

There’s no question it was intoxicating to be around and made you feel alive even if, like me, you couldn’t fight your way of of a paper bag.

it’s the same reason I’ve always enjoyed being in rough boozers that could go up at any time.
Same here with the rough pubs, always better if you're alone as well, just having to rely on your own wits and not worry about one of your mates bringing it on top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.