Scariest away day following City

Was in the stretford end, blues everywhere, Imre Varadi had a equaliser ruled out,

Just watched that game on YouTube or 20 mins highlights. Shit footage but I cannot understand why that goal was disallowed from what they showed. We had thousands there that day. Our end must have been 12000 and then more all over the ground.

Just watched that game on YouTube or 20 mins highlights. Shit footage but I cannot understand why that goal was disallowed from what they showed. We had thousands there that day. Our end must have been 12000 and then more all over the ground.
I can't remember why it was disallowed, unbelievable amount of blues there

That was the day City got ambushed at The Whalley pub. Hundreds of blues inside and United, to quote a Blue who has been everywhere and fought with everyone, "brought the biggest mob I've ever seen".

That was the day City got ambushed at The Whalley pub. Hundreds of blues inside and United, to quote a Blue who has been everywhere and fought with everyone, "brought the biggest mob I've ever seen".

I think it was documented in Mickey Francis Guvnors book. We were shit that season and ended up relegated at West Ham

I remember us away at blackburn prob 84ish? they were top we were 2nd, kinsey? goal gave us 1-0 win to go top!! Mayhem before & during game, got to train station after game & ironicly burnley had been away at bolton same day & their special train came into station que a fuckin riot with burnley thinking we were blackburn!! i got the wrecked train back to burnley as well!!!

Not sure it was an ambush as everyone knew what was going to happen, think it was the numbers that surprised everyone. Think there are at least a couple on this site that were at the Whalley that day and in K stand

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.