Scariest away day following City

Yes looking back you could never relax after a game as you were likely to bump into a mob or small group of other fans almost anywhere.

I remember one time many years ago the rags had played Chelsea at home. I lived in Wythenshawe at the time and I was waiting on Altrincham road for the 371 bus to Altrincham at about 19:10. This was a good two hours after the game. The stop was near the Royal Thorn pub. A minibus pulled into the carpark and about eight lads got out, all in donkey jackets and docs. I guesses they were Chelsea fans and said this to the bloke at the bus stop with me. I had got to know him over a couple of years as he always caught the same time bus as me. Anyway the Chelsea fans all walk past us at the bus stop giving us the once over and saying, "Alright mate?" as they passed. They stopped just past the stop and I heard one say, " Nah leave him he's with his dad." They then all trooped past again and went into the pub. Later the next day I heard they had smashed it up and put a lad I know in a coma. My cousin drinking with him had stitches in her hand from a broken glass. A lucky escape for me and an example of how it could be back then.
I worked in Chadderton town centre back in the 70s,not that far from Boundary park.
Most of the lads I worked with there lived around Chadderton/Oldham and supported Latics.
Anyway one morning one of these young lads came in work with a split lip and black eye.
It turns out that young Trevor( a non football fan) was walking to his girlfriends on Victoria Street and was set on by a group by a group of Chelsea fans,who had been playing at Boundary Park earlier in the evening. A real shithouse trick by those Cockney twats.

I worked in Chadderton town centre back in the 70s,not that far from Boundary park.
Most of the lads I worked with there lived around Chadderton/Oldham and supported Latics.
Anyway one morning one of these young lads came in work with a split lip and black eye.
It turns out that young Trevor( a non football fan) was walking to his girlfriends on Victoria Street and was set on by a group by a group of Chelsea fans,who had been playing at Boundary Park earlier in the evening. A real shithouse trick by those Cockney twats.

Yes they were absolute scum in those days and younger fans may find it hard to believe but a very feared organised firm. I was standing waiting to go on a night out with no colours, but they were going to kick fuck out of me, only them thinking the older bloke I was with was my dad saved me. I guess they had some morals then, albeit small.

Lower league clubs could spring all sorts of surprises, I went to plenty of aways with Stockport over the years and got in all manner of scrapes, Chesterfield, Lincoln, Exeter, Darlo to name but a few, then there was the likes of Stoke, Burnley, Wolves to contend with when they came down in the basement league.
Been away with County 70s and 80s. They had some good lads then. S****horpe 1974 my first away!

Yes they were absolute scum in those days and younger fans may find it hard to believe but a very feared organised firm.

There’s been enough incidents with Chelsea in recent seasons to confirm they’ve still got a scum element. The Paris Metro, racism inside the ground and films like The Football Factory. I hate going there as an away fan. The whole club has an attitude.

There’s been enough incidents with Chelsea in recent seasons to confirm they’ve still got a scum element. The Paris Metro, racism inside the ground and films like The Football Factory. I hate going there as an away fan. The whole club has an attitude.

Yes they're not pleasant but I'd say Spur's are worse these days, I have seen lots of nasty incidents at our place when we play them.

Yes they're not pleasant but I'd say Spur's are worse these days, I have seen lots of nasty incidents at our place when we play them.

I’ve always found Spurs arrogant and delusional. How can such a wanky club of mediocrity breed such ****s?

Leeds are the only times I’ve had problems both on trains and around the ground. They really are a special breed there.

I’ve always found Spurs arrogant and delusional. How can such a wanky club of mediocrity breed such ****s?

Leeds are the only times I’ve had problems both on trains and around the ground. They really are a special breed there.

Yes odd.

Leeds are a weird bunch and not overly pleasant outside of football either. It's strange how the Yorkshire clubs all have this Yaaaaaawkkkkkshire mentality, the Lancashire clubs dont have it.

I hated Barnsley too but Sheffield, York and other parts of Yorkshire have been fine. There’s a big tribal mentality in Leeds that I don’t really like.

Was indeed Billy Stewart,that’s my uncle and Dad of Eddie,Danny ,Gav and Anthony.

Still suffers from the blows he got to the head to this day.

Blast from the past that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.