Scariest away day following City

Too right, it must have been quite a prospect coming to Maine Rd, the schlep involved from town if you came on the train, or the coach park at Hough End meant there were so many opportunities to get ambushed.
As Tottenham found out to their cost all the way to piccadilly

Didn’t one of theirs get stabbed down the side of the bus depot in Moss side before the infamous cup game when the horses came on the pitch as well.

I was at Bradford away and didn't have a problem. I was in the stand that got rebuilt after the fire. Frank Newton of the banana's craze getting me a ticket and membership which you needed to get in. The Blue's who went into their end behind the goal though were attacked and were getting leathered until they fought back and backed Bradford off. The only friction in our end was some pissed up half wit Blue taking the piss out of the fire on the concourse at half time. Their main man and his mates were justifiably angry but the half wits own mates took him to task and it calmed down.
I was in that end and can't remember a thing about the match. It was, charge, stand off, charge all game. Loved it.

I have seen city many times away and could count on 1 hand any bother I have seen, been to pool everton utd leeds boro sunderland and many more and only seen 2 bad clashes, 1 which was leeds v city in fa cup when city had nearly all lowfield standing and seats in south stand, walking back to car which was in city bus park it was like a battleground but it was leeds fans who got taken down, 2nd was the last match of the season at derby when all derby fans went on pitch to go there team then came over to the city fans who was stood down the side, city fans tried to get on the pitch, then the walk back to the station and it was like the a war film, derby got run all over, got train back to Donny, had to change at sheffied, to get train back to Donny, going to derby there was 100s on the train to derby from Sheffield but not so many coming back, and about 20-30 city fans singing about utd running away when the Manchester train came in and was packed with utd fans this started a battle with Manchester blues and Sheffield man utd fans, had to get on that train so went to front of it out of way, 4 of us stayed away but 1 of ours had a scarf on but he was big, so we walked out of station and walked a different way to the utd fans but 3 followed us and when it was just me and 1 the went for us, mate ran like fuck and left me on my own, so got a wack then there was a couple of lads at bus stop who I think was leeds and they went for them,

Bolton fans were no saints, I jumped on a coach with them after an England v Scotland game at Wembley in the 80s, not only kicking off with the jocks this coachful were battling with the coach full of Stoke parked next to them.
Had some nutters at Burnden in mid 70,s. I used to go and watch em scrapping as a scrawny ten year old. Suedes, donkeys, and proper weapons

I have seen city many times away and could count on 1 hand any bother I have seen, been to pool everton utd leeds boro sunderland and many more and only seen 2 bad clashes, 1 which was leeds v city in fa cup when city had nearly all lowfield standing and seats in south stand, walking back to car which was in city bus park it was like a battleground but it was leeds fans who got taken down, 2nd was the last match of the season at derby when all derby fans went on pitch to go there team then came over to the city fans who was stood down the side, city fans tried to get on the pitch, then the walk back to the station and it was like the a war film, derby got run all over, got train back to Donny, had to change at sheffied, to get train back to Donny, going to derby there was 100s on the train to derby from Sheffield but not so many coming back, and about 20-30 city fans singing about utd running away when the Manchester train came in and was packed with utd fans this started a battle with Manchester blues and Sheffield man utd fans, had to get on that train so went to front of it out of way, 4 of us stayed away but 1 of ours had a scarf on but he was big, so we walked out of station and walked a different way to the utd fans but 3 followed us and when it was just me and 1 the went for us, mate ran like fuck and left me on my own, so got a wack then there was a couple of lads at bus stop who I think was leeds and they went for them,
You did well not to see any trouble at everton mate!! not so bad now but in the 80’s & 90’s it was a war zone everytime i went, wether you wanted trouble or not

Didn’t one of theirs get stabbed down the side of the bus depot in Moss side before the infamous cup game when the horses came on the pitch as well.
Don't know but I got sledged by a mini bus full on my way to the match. I turned and offered them out. They shut the windows and hid.

Bluestevei,
Was that Derby game,when we all sat down and turned our backs to the match for about ten mins,if it was that was a proper away day.
Think we got beat 1-3 ?

Lad who goes in Clayton con club said as much after having this conversation last year,said it went on quite a lot that day Blue on spurs.
I got twatted from behind on Wembley Way. The Cool Cats had a coach with a tiger flag in the car park It was a horrible atmosphere that day. Newcastle 76 was really friendly. But better human beings support Newcastle overall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.