Scariest away day following City

I was outside 'spoons in town start of this season when we played them. Five of them walking to a taxi opposite giving it loads at the pub. The lad stood next to me walks towards them so i go with him. Between us we're about 20 stone, i'm 5ft 7 and the other lad is shorter than me but we're both a bit feral looking, me in a handsome way obviously. The other lad is saying to them there's no need to be wankers but 2 of them carry on shouting shit about northern scum etc. The other lad then says fuck it, come on then, and we move forward. The spurs 2 soon joined there mates in the taxi and fucked off.
Walking back to spoons the other lad turns to me and tells me he's united.
I know. What's up with them. I wouldn't dream of going down there and calling them southern whatever. I respect people. One lad did one shitting himself cand left his two mates. Suddenly the big one. 6 4 no word of a lie starts shitting his tack and negotiating. I am nearly 60 and went for the main aggressor who had already been punched but wouldn't shut up.

http://downthekippaxsteps.blogspot.com/2015/12/minute-by-minute-notts-county-v-city.html

Just love this writing and brings back memories.
Was it the season after this we were banned from all pubs in Nottingham.?
I'm still convinced to this day that the second half was fixed for safety reasons. I was in the middle of the kop with my dad & the atmosphere was toxic as fuck at halftime.

A 3-2 defeat kept us in a better mood after the game... gallant fightback etc.

Typical City summed up in half a dozen games at the end of that season culminating in a mega orgasm.

I was outside 'spoons in town start of this season when we played them. Five of them walking to a taxi opposite giving it loads at the pub. The lad stood next to me walks towards them so i go with him. Between us we're about 20 stone, i'm 5ft 7 and the other lad is shorter than me but we're both a bit feral looking, me in a handsome way obviously. The other lad is saying to them there's no need to be wankers but 2 of them carry on shouting shit about northern scum etc. The other lad then says fuck it, come on then, and we move forward. The spurs 2 soon joined there mates in the taxi and fucked off.
Walking back to spoons the other lad turns to me and tells me he's united.
Me and my mate went up to watch rangers play.
We went in a pub near to the ground and I went up to the bar. As I was ordering a drink a let on to lads around me. One lad half acknowledged me. A spurs fan. And he walked to a table in the corner where there was 8- 10 of them.
I wasn’t expecting spurs fans but didn’t think much of it and went and sat back down with my mate.
Then started the anti Utd songs but directed at me and my mate.
Not a problem at first but the rangers fans had changed their stance from being casual to looking aggressive. And in our direction.
We were close to getting mullered.
So I Walked to the centre of the room and belted out an anti Utd song.
The spurs lot were shut up and the rangers lot dragged us to the bar and bought us beer all night.
The rangers lad who spoke to me first said”I thought you was city, why are they singing those songs at you”

“No idea” I replied.

“doesn’t matter, we don’t like them anyway. We are going to batter them”

unfortunately, I didn’t witness them get battered. But I reckon they did.

We walked back into town one year after a derby at the Etihad. We waited for one of the lads outside who's a rag, he'd had to much to drink and was pissed off with the result, still a top lad when hes not rubbered. Got to Oldham street and he was still mouthing off, 2 lads (City fans) across the road took offence, they must of only been about 18. He told them to keep stum or he would be over. No need, one of them crossed and gave him a crack. His parting shot was 'that's not all you've lost today'. We still give him grief about that.

Me and my mate went up to watch rangers play.
We went in a pub near to the ground and I went up to the bar. As I was ordering a drink a let on to lads around me. One lad half acknowledged me. A spurs fan. And he walked to a table in the corner where there was 8- 10 of them.
I wasn’t expecting spurs fans but didn’t think much of it and went and sat back down with my mate.
Then started the anti Utd songs but directed at me and my mate.
Not a problem at first but the rangers fans had changed their stance from being casual to looking aggressive. And in our direction.
We were close to getting mullered.
So I Walked to the centre of the room and belted out an anti Utd song.
The spurs lot were shut up and the rangers lot dragged us to the bar and bought us beer all night.
The rangers lad who spoke to me first said”I thought you was city, why are they singing those songs at you”

“No idea” I replied.

“doesn’t matter, we don’t like them anyway. We are going to batter them”

unfortunately, I didn’t witness them get battered. But I reckon they did.

Jackanory

http://downthekippaxsteps.blogspot.com/2015/12/minute-by-minute-notts-county-v-city.html

Just love this writing and brings back memories.
Was it the season after this we were banned from all pubs in Nottingham.?

What a weird game that was. Remember buying a raffle ticket before kick off and ended up winning the match ball signed by both teams and presented by Jimmy Frizzell... couldnt raise a smile though! Still got it in the loft somewhere... fairly sure it had Justin Fashanu’s signature on who was playing for county back then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.