Scariest away day following City

I was outside 'spoons in town start of this season when we played them. Five of them walking to a taxi opposite giving it loads at the pub. The lad stood next to me walks towards them so i go with him. Between us we're about 20 stone, i'm 5ft 7 and the other lad is shorter than me but we're both a bit feral looking, me in a handsome way obviously. The other lad is saying to them there's no need to be wankers but 2 of them carry on shouting shit about northern scum etc. The other lad then says fuck it, come on then, and we move forward. The spurs 2 soon joined there mates in the taxi and fucked off.
Walking back to spoons the other lad turns to me and tells me he's united.

No offence mate.....but can you translate?

Or maybe I’m pissed already.

Tia

What a weird game that was. Remember buying a raffle ticket before kick off and ended up winning the match ball signed by both teams and presented by Jimmy Frizzell... couldnt raise a smile though! Still got it in the loft somewhere... fairly sure it had Justin Fashanu’s signature on who was playing for county back then.

When I lived in Sheffield in the early 80s I used to pick up some lads from Woodhouse / Woodsetts etc on the way to aways or go with them on the train.

Always remember picking up this guy who lived in a small pub on the main drag into Worksop, he was fooking massive.

Was great having him on away days.

There's a couple of good pics on Getty images of the City fans against Notts County, shows them pulling down the fences and trying a pitch invasion.

When I lived in Sheffield in the early 80s I used to pick up some lads from Woodhouse / Woodsetts etc on the way to aways or go with them on the train.

Always remember picking up this guy who lived in a small pub on the main drag into Worksop, he was fooking massive.

Was great having him on away days.

Only Moved here 20 years ago. Seemed I was the only blue back then. See plenty of kids wearing City shirts these days which has really pissed off the resident plastic rags!

Only Moved here 20 years ago. Seemed I was the only blue back then. See plenty of kids wearing City shirts these days which has really pissed off the resident plastic rags!

There was a few around the Yorks/Notts area. Remember going on the train to Ipswich one year early 80s from Retford and must have been 30/40 of us when we got there, numbers increased as we travelled.All Yorks/Notts based as Manc based fans used a different route.

Yes always a few Pinks your way, was never many in Sheffield when I was there but more now due to students.

There's a couple of good pics on Getty images of the City fans against Notts County, shows them pulling down the fences and trying a pitch invasion.

I found that whole day shite, rioting at Notts County ffs, they were all kids and pensioners.

Funny didnt see many of the rioters at Millwall.

In the north stand on derby day walking down the aisle a voice shouted from the rag side , it was a lad I worked with , we made our way to the bottom and exchanged a few pleasantries lol . We shook hands and went our own way when a steward approached me and said you should of smacked the c**t .

I found that whole day shite, rioting at Notts County ffs, they were all kids and pensioners.

From what I remember of that day in Nottingham it wasn't the County fans our lot were pissed with, it was the dispair of it all. Would 'we' have acted the same at a more lively club? Who knows, the Oldham game while not perhaps a real hard crew would suggest we would have and a bigger nutter following of our opponents like Millwall would have been proper naughty.

Just to be clear I'm wasn't part of the we causing bother but I was in the middle of the kop.

I was at both games. Broke down on way to county and some guy, never got his name, picked me and mates up and took us to ground. He then took us back to my broken down car which was left somewhere near Chesterfield and towed me back to hazel grove whic wasn’t too bad as we all lived burnage, parrs wood, didsbury way. Called my old man who sorted out the AA I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.