Scariest away day following City

My memory is fading fast but was there a football cardigan (west ham colours two arm bands on arm?) and a patchwork jumper around in the 70's? Shirt jackets too?

Fair isle jumpers and star jumpers...yeah we all looked ****s

Last edited:
Old Trafford 1974. Dennis had just back healed his goal into the rags net. The charming Utd fans decided to hoard across the pitch into the scoreboard where we stood. About 50 core of the old school fought the hoard for about five minutes, until they were over whelmed. My greatest memory of that last stand was George McQuire having ago.

Old Trafford 1974. Dennis had just back healed his goal into the rags net. The charming Utd fans decided to hoard across the pitch into the scoreboard where we stood. About 50 core of the old school fought the hoard for about five minutes, until they were over whelmed. My greatest memory of that last stand was George McQuire having ago.

They ran accross the pitch into our end before the kick off mate thats how they got in, there were thousands of blues left outside because they had filled the stand. The only actual violence I saw was an elederly City fan being head butted after the goal.
By the time they came in after the pitch invasion it was practically all rags.
I was 17 years old and had gone to the game on my own, what a dick I must have been. Only Everton away in the 70's on a Boxing day was scarier for me only about 200 City fans turned up they were all in our end and it was some Everton fans that saved me. Hence my soft spot for Everton.

George didnt look much but was a game f@@ker and would always be up the front......Anyone know if he is still with us ?

Its been great reading this thread.

When we got relegated after playing against Liverpool in 1996. Police took a battering outside the Sherwood. Empty beer crates were lined up across the road with empty Beer bottles and the police and were bombarded. Further down outside the Welcome. A United fan decides to have his Cantana flag waving outside his sunroof only for his car to be stuck in traffic, City fans come come flying out of the Welcome and tip the Car on its side, P**s in his car and set fire to his flag. Then a coach went past with Liverpool fans giving the V's, again City fans come flying out and manage to get in the fire escape of the coach and set about the scousers.

Police actually saved us after the 3-1 Last derby game at Maine Road. We was in a pub called the Abbey in Hulme after the game. A couple of hours after the game the pub had more or less emptied. Then my mate who knew the landlady, got told to go upstairs and look outside. He come flying down and told us to arm ourselves with anything we could get our hands on. United's lads were walking down all masked up (as per usual) to ambush the boozer. Must have been a hundred of them. Luckily the police come out of nowhere and saved us. We would have had a right pounding with only about 20 of us left in the pub.

Coming back after our first derby win at the swamp for decades. 2-1 Benjani game. We was on our way back to Droylsden. Funnily enough we was driving down Ashton New Road past our ground when a Van passed our mini bus and threw a bucket of piss at us. The Van stopped at the Traffic lights and a few of our lads got out to confront them only for their back doors to fly open and a load of United fans tooled up with hammers etc... attacking us and the bus. Mental!!

Another one against United. Was when Howey scored for us and I think we drew 1-1. We walked back from Old Trafford to Maine Road with a few nutters who said there was a planned meet around near the Sherwood. It was chaos all the way back. Whitworth Park was a war zone. Lads fighting everywhere. The police were on to it though Riot vans everywhere.

As we all know. Stoke away game when relegated was carnage. We arrived at 5 mins to kick off and got rushed by a handful of Stoke nutters who got their comeuppance. I had a few mates in the Stoke end. One got arrested, another got thrown out and managed to get back in the ground 3 times . The car park at the end was bedlam. Just rocks and tree stumps raining down at us.

They ran accross the pitch into our end before the kick off mate thats how they got in, there were thousands of blues left outside because they had filled the stand. The only actual violence I saw was an elederly City fan being head butted after the goal.
By the time they came in after the pitch invasion it was practically all rags.
I was 17 years old and had gone to the game on my own, what a dick I must have been. Only Everton away in the 70's on a Boxing day was scarier for me only about 200 City fans turned up they were all in our end and it was some Everton fans that saved me. Hence my soft spot for Everton.
Was that 76 when Hartford scored. I was there with my old man in the main stand.

Its been great reading this thread.

When we got relegated after playing against Liverpool in 1996. Police took a battering outside the Sherwood. Empty beer crates were lined up across the road with empty Beer bottles and the police and were bombarded. Further down outside the Welcome. A United fan decides to have his Cantana flag waving outside his sunroof only for his car to be stuck in traffic, City fans come come flying out of the Welcome and tip the Car on its side, P**s in his car and set fire to his flag. Then a coach went past with Liverpool fans giving the V's, again City fans come flying out and manage to get in the fire escape of the coach and set about the scousers.

Police actually saved us after the 3-1 Last derby game at Maine Road. We was in a pub called the Abbey in Hulme after the game. A couple of hours after the game the pub had more or less emptied. Then my mate who knew the landlady, got told to go upstairs and look outside. He come flying down and told us to arm ourselves with anything we could get our hands on. United's lads were walking down all masked up (as per usual) to ambush the boozer. Must have been a hundred of them. Luckily the police come out of nowhere and saved us. We would have had a right pounding with only about 20 of us left in the pub.

Coming back after our first derby win at the swamp for decades. 2-1 Benjani game. We was on our way back to Droylsden. Funnily enough we was driving down Ashton New Road past our ground when a Van passed our mini bus and threw a bucket of piss at us. The Van stopped at the Traffic lights and a few of our lads got out to confront them only for their back doors to fly open and a load of United fans tooled up with hammers etc... attacking us and the bus. Mental!!

Another one against United. Was when Howey scored for us and I think we drew 1-1. We walked back from Old Trafford to Maine Road with a few nutters who said there was a planned meet around near the Sherwood. It was chaos all the way back. Whitworth Park was a war zone. Lads fighting everywhere. The police were on to it though Riot vans everywhere.

As we all know. Stoke away game when relegated was carnage. We arrived at 5 mins to kick off and got rushed by a handful of Stoke nutters who got their comeuppance. I had a few mates in the Stoke end. One got arrested, another got thrown out and managed to get back in the ground 3 times . The car park at the end was bedlam. Just rocks and tree stumps raining down at us.
I was at all those games and in the Stoke bit with nine of us. Our numbers spooked them as you just need to stick together. In the end chatting so the car park was a surprise as we were corralled in like sitting ducks for missiles from the adjacent building sites.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.