Scariest away day following City

Every trip to Leeds. 70’s and 80’s chased, bricked, kicked and punched. Still can’t figure out why I kept on going.
Oh they’re going to be a huge asset to the Premier League if/when they get promoted.

I went to the Millwall with my dad in 87. I walk to the Den was quite intense to say the least. My overriding memory of the game was a lad at half-time trying to rally round everyone to jump the fence to get at them.

I went to the game in 98 with a mate of mine from Brighton. We spent the early evening drinking in a pub that a pal of ours was running near South Bermondsey Station. He knew i was a blue and thought we had a death wish in wanting to go to the game, as he knew from the locals it was going to kick off big time.

I don't think I've ever been so nervous as I was walking to the ground. Saw a group of blues get dragged out of a mini bus get a hiding. Being a southerner definitely helped that night.
The atmosphere was toxic inside and i spent most of the game worrying about getting back to Victoria in one piece. Afterwards we were locked in for ages. Dennis Tueart came down with a loud speaker saying that the police were having a bit of bother outside and for our protection, we'd have to wait longer. Some comedian shouted "let us at em Dennis" which lightened the mood.

When we were finally let out, the streets did resemble a war zone. The Old Bill definitely earned their money that night.

Everton 74 went on the city coach with Helen (ring you bell) had a brand new Levi jacket on ,at half time in the paddock scouser pulled a blade on me and my mate and said give us your jacket lucky enough some of the older city fans fucked them off , Stoke was always a good day out !

I was at Leeds cup matches in 77 and 78 and Newcastle 77 and Everton 81 and although they were pretty hairy at times,there were big City turnouts at these games and we generally gave as good as we got.
Leeds United near the top for me. Always a tasty affair both home and away.

Anyone at the derby when the scum went down ? Must admit at 14 I cudnt get away quick enough after the game finished but laughing all the way !
Yes started off in scoreboard end but ended up in United Rd paddock then went on the pitch at the end, pretty scary as a 15 year old tbh.

Everton They don't call it Stanley Knife Park for nothing......... I think the worst game I saw there was maybe a League Cup QF I'm thinking 1988 although I could be off by a year or two. I have hated that club ever since, can't wait for them to drop into the Championship

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.