My issue with the VAR was that the moment that the screen was unavailable at the side for the referee to view himself, then it shouldn’t have been used for review at all as it meant the referees interpretation was no longer final.

I don’t have that big an issue with the decision given how far the ball travelled. I’d have wanted a penalty if the same had happened for us, put it that way.

Hahaha.......Pep agrees with VAR and is a fan. Agrees with both pens and red card.

Pep out........for all you conspiracy nutters.
We won so it doesn’t matter By doing so they can’t draw him into anything that could get him in trouble he learnt from last season

Can someone tell me if VAR is only meant for clear and obvious mistakes? The fact they took 3 minutes to give the first penalty shows it wasn't clear and obvious.

I was also frustrated with their free kick for their 2nd penalty. Silva won the ball.

Clear and obvious is still in the vast majority of situations a matter of opinion.
VAR is a joke. I remember in the carabao cup final last season it was in then and every goal was reviewed. It dulls celebrations as you wait for permission to cheer your own team scoring a goal.
Couldnt care less if it gets more decisions right than a twat in black, its not something I want to see.
As delph would probably say, get on with the game

Not to play devils advocate but if the ref was against us and it’s all corrupt he’d have probably given a foul against sterling at the end ! I well thought it was going to VAR
Think ref was just shite. Be interesting to see if uefa fine themselves for var screen not working. They like throwing fines around

We were nowhere near our best, down to ten, had two pens against us, some very interesting referee calls and we still won away from home in Europe.

Not a bad nights work.

They weren't the worst mistakes going but performances tonight will turn people off VAR big time, if this is a sign for things to come. At least they didn't rule out Sterling's goal for a slight nudge on the defender(standing his ground) before his winning goal or that would have really added insult to injury.

Perhaps Peter Walton has just revealed the real reason studio refs have been introduced in the last few seasons... they are there to tow the line UEFA's officials. They clearly made mistakes tonight but Walton was just doing his best impression of a politician, good points raised by the studio panel for every decision, wordy textbook replies that don't really answer the questions posed, to avoid criticising the VAR decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.