It will be a pen next season but it isn’t one now.

They’re changing the rule and to be fair the current rule is stupid as how can the ref possibly know what is intentional?

I guess a fair view of this one would be was he moving his arm towards the ball or away from it. It might just be me but someone trying to get his arm out of way would seem to make it unintentional.

Lots of nice comments from fans of other clubs re the result tonight in comments on BBC report. Click on highest rated in comments. They all saw what was going on with officiating tonight

Exactly. nothing wrong with where Otamendi had his arm: it wasn't far from his body and you don't normally stand with your arms clamped to your sides in that situation. Also, he very clearly tries to move it away from the ball which males it a real stretch to call it deliberate handball and it has to be deliberate to be an offence.
Which is why SWP's assessment is bollocks.

How are Schalke in the last 16?
Forget all the tomfuckery, tonight we are in a totally different class to them.
Not matter how bad things looked tonight i wasn't the least bit worried. It totally confused my missus, who couldn't understand why i wasn't steaming.
I even went as far a saying we would still win.
No matter how bad people here thought we played, i just thought we were in total control of the tie. We were rattled after the penalties, yes. But i think that was more annoyance at the decisions.
Even if it had stayed at 2-1, i felt we had more than enough to beat them at home. This wasn't smugness, just confidence we would be alright.

Oh and people who say Bernardo is the new Silva are wrong. They way the ball sticks to his feet reminds me more of Messi...
Yeah agreed, though I thought we wobbled a bit after going 2 1 down. But yeah we did outclass them throughout which was surprising.

I look forward to the day we get them penalties.......ref will be pissed that despite his best efforts we still won. Great victory vs a 15* man team away from home (*3 VAR refs).

Great to hear the BBC idiot Roger Johnson just announce that "Manchester United were involved in a thrilling 3-2 victory this evening.......^. What a complete bellend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.