Schalke Travel Plans

Not got tickets but a couple of us are still over there, flying in to Dortmund on Tuesday. Where's everyone gonna be heading for drinks on the Weds? can't decide on staying on Dortmund, Dusseldorf or Bochum?

Made my mind up to stay in Essen.
Looks an easier option for a few pints after the game than Dusseldorf.

Not got tickets but a couple of us are still over there, flying in to Dortmund on Tuesday. Where's everyone gonna be heading for drinks on the Weds? can't decide on staying on Dortmund, Dusseldorf or Bochum?

There’s nothing in Dortmund. Nice clean functional City. But not much else going on. Stayed there for our games years ago. Only place open was a pub called Yorkshire Pub. It was awful.
Düsseldorf however was great.

For anyone travelling back to Dusseldorf after the game, I've been told that the free local travel deal with the match ticket should still apply to the 00:09 train from Gelsenkirchen to Dusseldorf.

For anyone travelling back to Dusseldorf after the game, I've been told that the free local travel deal with the match ticket should still apply to the 00:09 train from Gelsenkirchen to Dusseldorf.
I'm pretty sure it applies until 3am. There will be fuck all open in Gelsenkirchen though so its not worth waiting around.

Can be done in 10 mins by the looks of it.
Its a 20 minute tram ride from the ground to Gelsenkirchen hbf alone. With the queues for the tram, you will do very well to be back at Gelsenkirchen hbf for 11.30. Then its another 15 mins from there if there is a train waiting for you.

For Essen hbf, I wouldn't expect to be back there before 12. Düsseldorf altstadt I reckon probably more like 1am.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.