Schalke Travel Plans

Does anyone know what travel within Gelsenkirchen the match ticket covers on the day of the game, is it just from the main central station to the ground & back, or does it also cover travel via underground / trams to the area in Gelsenkirchen where your overnight accommodation is located ?

Approximately how long does it take to get from Bochum to Schalke's ground, just trying to gauge drinking time before leaving for the ground, as you do? :-)

Any idea how easy it is getting back after the game, regular trams/trains etc....

To be honest, I'd stay in Bochum till late afternoon, as there are far more bars than Gelsenkirchen

30 minutes from Bochum HBF to Gelenkirchen HBF- then it's a matchday tram to the stadium.
However, it's probably a 10-15 minute walk to the away end

Plenty of return trains, but normally you have to change at Essen (which isn't as difficult as it sounds)
Your matchday ticket will cover most of the journey, but I recommend that you visit the Bochum DB Information Office early afternoon, (they'll print-off your travel itinerary with platforms at Essen etc)

Anybody on the Tuesday 13-20 Luton to Dortmund

Yes there are 3 of us on that one.

We are going to the Tractor museum after dropping our bags and then the heritage centre before taking in a local dramatic society's play in the evening. Feel free to join us.

Yes there are 3 of us on that one.

We are going to the Tractor museum after dropping our bags and then the heritage centre before taking in a local dramatic society's play in the evening. Feel free to join us.

Tractor museum sounds good, might join you for that one. If we get side tracked please take some photos and post on here.

Tractor museum sounds good, might join you for that one. If we get side tracked please take some photos and post on here.

Ok will do, but I assume you will be on the Thursday return flight so I can show you the photos in the departure lounge, it will only take about 2 hours !

Oh and wait until you hear what we are planning for the day of the match.

Ok will do, but I assume you will be on the Thursday return flight so I can show you the photos in the departure lounge, it will only take about 2 hours !

Oh and wait until you hear what we are planning for the day of the match.

Yeah on the Thursday flight home, look forward to seeing the photos, in case you can't find me I will be wearing a rag shirt.

Yep, 4 of us on that flight

Brilliant, so if I cant find Academica I can show you my photos of the tractor museum, it will be a great flight. Really looking forward to it. Oh and we are also doing the industrial museum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.