Schalke Travel Plans

Is travel on train free just on match day?

The train tickets of the regional trains of the VRR (Verkehrsverbund Rhein Ruhr) for the match day until the last train in the night are included.

The VRR includes this cities or areas: Bochum, Bottrop, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Duisburg, Gelsenkirchen, Essen, Hagen, Herne, Krefeld, Mönchengladbach, Mülheim an der Ruhr, Oberhausen, Remscheid, Solingen, Wuppertal, Ennepe-Ruhr-Kreis, Kreis Mettmann, Rhein-Kreis Neuss, Kreis Recklinghausen, Kreis Viersen

Generally only the regional trains and busses are included - no ICEs, ICs

If you are not sure if your situation is included: Ask

Last edited:
The train tickets of the regional trains of the VRR (Verkehrsverbund Rhein Ruhr) for the match day until the last train in the night are included.

The VRR includes this cities or areas: Bochum, Bottrop, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Duisburg, Gelsenkirchen, Essen, Hagen, Herne, Krefeld, Mönchengladbach, Mülheim an der Ruhr, Oberhausen, Remscheid, Solingen, Wuppertal, Ennepe-Ruhr-Kreis, Kreis Mettmann, Rhein-Kreis Neuss, Kreis Recklinghausen, Kreis Viersen

Generally only the regional trains and busses are included - no ICEs, ICs

If you are not sure if your situation is included: Ask
Thanks we are staying in dusseldorf and getting train to gelsenkirchen on day of game so will be covered with match ticket I think.

Anyone know how many tickets we will get? And do they print your name on the ticket as I'm thinking of using my dad's who's got more loyalty points than me???

I wouldn't stay in Cologne again too far away it took ages to get there in traffic about 3 hours. Stay closer if you can blues.

4 of us flying from Birmingham to Dusseldorf, out Tuesday back Thursday, £90 each.
Dusseldorf is allways a good night out.

Luton to Dortmund on EasyJet for 4 of us - £72 each with seats booked, out 19th back 21st. Just trying to decide if we should stay in Dortmund or in Gelsenkirchen.

No direct
Bit of a pain, but flying to Hamburg on Tuesday and returning Thursday can be done for less than £60 and the train is direct, 3 hours and that return journey can be done for 50 Euro
I've booked the same route spending the Tuesday night in Hamburg and then Gelsenkirchen after match.
Did the same thing for Dortmund and the Wolfsburg friendly.
Whole trip and hotels for less than £200, and more importantly, no daft o'clock flights.

Luton to Dortmund on EasyJet for 4 of us - £72 each with seats booked, out 19th back 21st. Just trying to decide if we should stay in Dortmund or in Gelsenkirchen.

Gelsenkirchen is like Rotherham, so I'd suggest have Tuesday night in Dortmund and Wednesday night in Gelsenkirchen
Dortmund hate Schalke, so no doubt you'll have a great night out in Dortmund as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.