Schindler is an idiot

He's entitled to his opinion but I really dont see the logic of his argument.

He claims that "this isn't our club anymore" but why was City so much better under Bernstein and Wardle then it is under ADUG? I respect both of those guys for what they did for the club but Schindler assumes that a local businessman just because they come from the Manchester area will always be preferable to an overseas owner. Wrong.

The new owners have already done much more to try and engage with the fans than Wardle did (lowering ticket prices, fans forum, "my first city game promotions etc). Like I said I don't want to criticise Wardle because he obviously cared passionately about City and clearly, whilst he was very wealthy, he wasn't in the same league as the Arabs. Perhaps because Schindler lives in London and rarely goes to matches initiatives such as loweing ticket prices don't have an impact on him.

Blue82 said:
He's entitled to his opinion but I really dont see the logic of his argument.

He claims that "this isn't our club anymore" but why was City so much better under Bernstein and Wardle then it is under ADUG? I respect both of those guys for what they did for the club but Schindler assumes that a local businessman just because they come from the Manchester area will always be preferable to an overseas owner. Wrong.

The new owners have already done much more to try and engage with the fans than Wardle did (lowering ticket prices, fans forum, "my first city game promotions etc). Like I said I don't want to criticise Wardle because he obviously cared passionately about City and clearly, whilst he was very wealthy, he wasn't in the same league as the Arabs. Perhaps because Schindler lives in London and rarely goes to matches initiatives such as loweing ticket prices don't have an impact on him.

Didn't he also say that he thinks Villa are a good example of a well run club?

I don't doubt Colins' passion for the club but he will always find something to moan about when it comes to City.

i have just remembered another piece of patronising crap he came out with ;- " city are no longer everyones second-favourite team " ??? oh dear - what a fucking shame - i for one am sick to death of people pitying my club because they have been crap for years !

no doubt schindler was for years able to break the ice at partys in islington or whichever poncy area in london it is where he lives, by saying " by the way chaps, i support man city- how shit are we ? " and everyone roared with laughter . as i (and many others on this blog)said previously ,schindler is a complete prick .

Just listening to the programme on the iplayer as i missed it last night. Bernstein talks a lot of sense, but Schindler is a complete tosser. Let's stop buying his books.

Hi All,

Just listening to this tonight.
I use to think Bernstein was pretty clued up & a sound bloke but he sounds very very bitter in this programme.

And Schindler doesn't represent the current City fan, definitely not.

What have we done wrong? - We have been taken over by a Middle East Consortium with mega wealth. So is Schindler saying that if he was the chairman before the takeover he wouldn't have accept it?, bollocks.
The landscape of Football & the morals of what's right and what's wrong changed years ago. the facts remain that if you WANT to be successful & win Premier league's & European trophies you HAVE to have money & investment. If we remained as we where we would have gone under.

This Schlinder is a toss pot who seems to think that we are still in the 60s watching them with a bowler hat & cigar.

Heard the interview last night, I was disappointed with Bernstein to be honest, thought he was a great Chairman for us at the time but listening to him now he just sounds like a bitter and twisted man who doesn't even appear to follow what is going on at the club these days.

Schinlder is a tosser who needs to realise that football has changed since the 1970's, not all for the better, but nevertheless it HAS changed and we need to accept it. If he was in charge of our club we'd be somewhere where we were in the late 90's, decaying in the lower divisions. Oh, and writing a book with a title like that is just embarrassing.

The one plus point was Superman's interview. He seems to have a great love for the club and for what is happening. Good to hear.

lancs blue said:
What I don't get is how he thinks the fans had any influence on the recent local owners. I never noticed the board taking too much notice through about 15 years of post-match demos when Swales was in charge!

exactly well said, i also didnt think the fans had any say when we were potless (skint) and we had to sell our best players , now we dont

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.