Scholes, ITV disgrace

Pigeonho said:
He was talking about the entire atmosphere and feel of the occasion, I'm not the only city fan to say he was right. Take your silly spectacles off.

Not everyone who was there thought the atmosphere was crap. Many on this thread thought it was OK. I wasn't there, so can't speak from personal experience but even Chiles said at half time that the game was played in a good atmosphere, to which Scholes made the snide remark about that being down to the Roma fans.

The slaughtered lamb said:
Pigeonho said:
He was talking about the entire atmosphere and feel of the occasion, I'm not the only city fan to say he was right. Take your silly spectacles off.

Not everyone who was there thought the atmosphere was crap. Many on this thread thought it was OK. I wasn't there, so can't speak from personal experience but even Chiles said at half time that the game was played in a good atmosphere, to which Scholes made the snide remark about that being down to the Roma fans.
To be fare to Pidge, he's usually goes all guns blazzing at any anti city stuff out there :)

Pigeonho said:
blueinsa said:
Pigeonho said:
FF a few years and we will have a recogniseable face in the pundit team. Until then, who cares? Scholes was right in what he said, after all. Someone had to say it and itv are simply putting faces on who their audience recognise, and as said above, one day we will have someone there who made their name with us. Zabba, kompany most likely.

Pmsl. He was right to have a go at empty seats in a stadium, 45 mins before kick off was he?

Funny because the next game he did was at Old Trafford and guess what? Empty seats on view right up to kick off yet not a fucking word from his rag gob about it!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not surprised in the same way I'm not surprised seeing you play Mr Contrary and defending anything rag!

And how often does Scholes slag off the atmosphere at Old Trafford? Because there are plenty of times I've turned the box on down the years to find United fans being outsung in a CL game on their own turf by the visiting fans. Unless it's against one of Europe's elite teams (no disrespect to Roma because they're a very good team but they don't quite have the same pull that certain other Italian teams have) or a shit-or-bust match, this tournament doesn't tend to really get going until the knockout stages. And as for criticising City fans for not getting in the ground early enough, what the fuck is that all about? Do I have to abandon my pre-match pint in the pub over the road from now on because the Ginger Pig says we should all be there earlier?

I do not buy into the scholes myth, he was overrated just as many of the so called class of 92 were and a dirty bastard, as a pundit he's below average at best.

I have no problem with anyone slating City if they deserve it, as long as they do the same to any other club in the same circumstance, the fact is they don't and the reason is that City have busted open the cosy cabal at the top of the PL, the reason the other teams and supporters don't like us is because it wasn't their club that did.

Fuck em all, the tide has turned and its all down to the Blue Moon Rising...!

Blue Til Death said:
I do not buy into the scholes myth, he was overrated just as many of the so called class of 92 were

He's an absolute twat of a pundit, but tackling aside, he was a great footballer.

Is still a detestable character though.

blueinsa said:
Pigeonho said:
FF a few years and we will have a recogniseable face in the pundit team. Until then, who cares? Scholes was right in what he said, after all. Someone had to say it and itv are simply putting faces on who their audience recognise, and as said above, one day we will have someone there who made their name with us. Zabba, kompany most likely.

Pmsl. He was right to have a go at empty seats in a stadium, 45 mins before kick off was he?

Funny because the next game he did was at Old Trafford and guess what? Empty seats on view right up to kick off yet not a fucking word from his rag gob about it!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not surprised in the same way I'm not surprised seeing you play Mr Contrary and defending anything rag!
But Scholes' comparison was with our big Champions League games he's seen or been to and ones he's been part of or been to with or to see other clubs. And he was absolutely spot on in everything he said and i'm glad he said it.

I emailed the club the day after the Roma game with complaints about my experience of the Champions League at the Etihad in four seasons so far and i hadn't even heard or read any of this from Scholes at the time. He was just confirming a lot of the complaints i had in the email.

The whole having a pop at Pigeonho about defending Rags is fucking boring, as well, almost as boring as people moaning about agendas!

KippaxCitizen said:
blueinsa said:
Pigeonho said:

But Scholes' comparison was with our big Champions League games he's seen or been to and ones he's been part of or been to with or to see other clubs. And he was absolutely spot on in everything he said and i'm glad he said it.

I emailed the club the day after the Roma game with complaints about my experience of the Champions League at the Etihad in four seasons so far and i hadn't even heard or read any of this from Scholes at the time. He was just confirming a lot of the complaints i had in the email.

The whole having a pop at Pigeonho about defending Rags is fucking boring, as well, almost as boring as people moaning about agendas!
Small time mentality they have mate.

M18CTID said:
Pigeonho said:
blueinsa said:

And how often does Scholes slag off the atmosphere at Old Trafford? Because there are plenty of times I've turned the box on down the years to find United fans being outsung in a CL game on their own turf by the visiting fans. Unless it's against one of Europe's elite teams (no disrespect to Roma because they're a very good team but they don't quite have the same pull that certain other Italian teams have) or a shit-or-bust match, this tournament doesn't tend to really get going until the knockout stages. And as for criticising City fans for not getting in the ground early enough, what the fuck is that all about? Do I have to abandon my pre-match pint in the pub over the road from now on because the Ginger Pig says we should all be there earlier?
But not the big CL games. Fair enough i will expect our game v Moscow in a couple of week to have a shit atmopshere...but Roma, Barcelona and Bayern last year, Madrid Dortmund and Napoli in previous years were all pathetic.

You have to give credit to United for their CL atmospehre against Madrid the other year as it was really good. They can be fucking shite week-after-week, just like Anfield can be...but on big CL nights they know how to get their atmosphere going and we do not.

blueinsa said:
Fuck me I've heard it all now!
But i felt that strongly about how bad the experience of Etihad CL nights have been that i've emailed the club with a complaint, so you obviously haven't heard it all as you haven't heard how bad we are. I've never complained to the club once in twenty five years of attending matches but these CL nights are a fucking joke!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.