School holidays, fines going up for absence

Both myself and my kids mum (seperate households) had letters about our two kids abscence from the 2nd to last Friday of last years school year.

Was my sisters wedding, but still decided to send us a warning letter with a threat.

Thankfully my sons left the school to go high school now.

So if I'm reading right, you can do this twice and have a total fine of £240 - is this twice per school year?

The annoying thing is it takes months for the bloody fine to come through. Have family in Wales who have taken their kids on holiday for 2 weeks and didn't receive a fine. Not sure if it's just England that are really strict on it.

So if I'm reading right, you can do this twice and have a total fine of £240 - is this twice per school year?
You only get fined after 5 full days off £80, if you do it again it’s £160 then a third time it’s court, it’s also now in a rolling 3 year period whereas before it was yearly so basically you could get away with every year but not now. And it’s each parent so if for example you’ve split up and you decide to take the kid out the other parent who might not agree will still get fined as well through no fault of theirs.

I would give every kid the right for a week holiday at anytime during the year. Reduce the summer holidays to 4 weeks reduce easter to 1 week and add 3 extra weeks throughout the year.

I would also fine airline companies for profiteering.
Stop been sensible

When little Henry or Henrietta go on educational jaunts across the world their school accommodates them because they pay for their education, the wage slaves children don't get the same consideration.

Up to the age of 14 there should be grace given for school holidays. I remember going into class on the first day of term in year 10 and the teacher saying that everything up to this point wasn’t important and the last 2 years were the only thing that counts.
If that’s the case then a few days here and there out of term time shouldn’t be an issue.

When little Henry or Henrietta go on educational jaunts across the world their school accommodates them because they pay for their education, the wage slaves children don't get the same consideration.
I had this discussion at home, now my daughter is going to high school they do lots of trips in fact she went to Paris only last year with school. Now if she doesn’t want to go on a £1500 skiing trip with school can I on that week take her on holiday ? I bet the answer from school is no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.