Scotland at the Euros

They had some decent players prior to him, was the manager Eoin Hand?, i think only Ferguson from the present set-up would get a sniff of a chance with the Irish sides mentioned.
Ah; the legend that was Eoin Hand. Very well remembered Phillip. Yeah; the present day squad is nowhere near those halcyon days of the late 80s/early 90s.

Ah; the legend that was Eoin Hand. Very well remembered Phillip. Yeah; the present day squad is nowhere near those halcyon days of the late 80s/early 90s.
Everyone was an established English top flight player back then Jim, how many of the current Irish team are now?, the same with the Northern Ireland sides of the late 70s/early 80s and don't get me started on the amount of Scots at the forefront of the English game, the decline is pretty sad if i'm being honest.

The squad Jack Charlton had at Italia '90 was ridiculous; the likes of O'Leary, McGrath, Quinn, Whelan, Aldridge (yes, he's a **** these days, but he was a decent striker), Bonner, Irwin, Big Mick, Staunton, Morgan, Hughton etc etc. Got to the quarter finals in that tournament. Now? God knows when they'll qualify for another tournament.
Jim I gave up going to Irish games in protest against Delaney and the FAI, who got in saying he was going to clean up the organisation.
He turned out to be worse than anything before him.

The FAI have killed the game in Ireland.
I don’t know what it would take to get back to the heady days of Jack and the Granny rule.

Jim I gave up going to Irish games in protest against Delaney and the FAI, who got in saying he was going to clean up the organisation.
He turned out to be worse than anything before him.

The FAI have killed the game in Ireland.
I don’t know what it would take to get back to the heady days of Jack and the Granny rule.

I don’t like it but the grandparents rule is still in place.

Chè Adams is playing for Scotland due to some long lost grannie he probably never knew about before he realised he was never going to be good enough for England.

A Scotsman, a Welshman and an Irishman walk into a bar.

There would normally be an Englishman in this story, but he’s still at the Euros.

There are 2 teams through to the knockout stages that have less of a population and one on parr with Scotland.

Now THEY are plucky underdogs.

Chè Adams is playing for Scotland due to some long lost grannie he probably never knew about before he realised he was never going to be good enough for England.
He's not good enough for us either. My granny would have done better and she died 15 years ago.

Players from every nation can play for many countries, it's a pick and mix. It's why I don't really care about international football it should just be called "Raise my profile by any means necessary" competitions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.