Scotland at the Euros

You like playing the underdog but it doesnt work with me. We have lost to the best, Iceland, both Irelands and some Scandinavian lot more famous for eating fish. Fuck me we even lost to Idahos mob. We will probably play like a rabbit it headlights at Bannockburn (is that the one we lost ?)
Yes. Big time. But we will only have a hope if he makes five changes to the starting line up. Which he won't. They are Tierney, Gilmour, Turnbull, Patterson and Forrest. I've watched all the games and we have been by a distance the most technically bereft of them all. Scrappy, l8ng ball to that useless **** Dykes, he can't hold it up, then we do the same until everybody dies of boredom. He makes those changes and we will hopefully show we can pass a ball five yards the right way. Otherwise, it's a 4 or 5 scudding

Yes. Big time. But we will only have a hope if he makes five changes to the starting line up. Which he won't. They are Tierney, Gilmour, Turnbull, Patterson and Forrest. I've watched all the games and we have been by a distance the most technically bereft of them all. Scrappy, l8ng ball to that useless **** Dykes, he can't hold it up, then we do the same until everybody dies of boredom. He makes those changes and we will hopefully show we can pass a ball five yards the right way. Otherwise, it's a 4 or 5 scudding
But you are playing hingurlan. You lot could play a midfield of auld lang and syne and you would beat the waistcoat. I ain't counting my scones, including the stone one we stole, until Friday circa 10pm

But you are playing hingurlan. You lot could play a midfield of auld lang and syne and you would beat the waistcoat. I ain't counting my scones, including the stone one we stole, until Friday circa 10pm
I have zero belief if he goes with the same team. If he changes and I drink enough, I might change my mind.

But what about your midfield, I don't spend 20 minutes composing a post for you to ignore it.
If we play Mcginn, Turnbull, Gilmour in there we play. If not, we huff and puff and give you the ball back. 20 minutes? Where you typing it trapped under a washine machine?

If we play Mcginn, Turnbull, Gilmour in there we play. If not, we huff and puff and give you the ball back. 20 minutes? Where you typing it trapped under a washine machine?
My midfield trio was better, Auld, Lang and Syne, they shud nae be forgot.

I'm going to bed

Well Scotland you would have watched Wales step up. Time you did. Just don't embarrass us.
The difference is that in Bale and Ramsey, Wales have two class players - both past their best but against a team like Turkey it is enough to make the difference. Scotland don't have any players with that ability - Tierney could be but hasn't shown it yet, Robertson for all he was won with Liverpool doesn't have the range of ability that helps a journeyman team to become better than that. So that leaves us with organisation and hope for the lucky break. Clarke has gone with organisation and that resulted in the qualification - but as you've said elsewhere failed to make the changes that could have brought younger in-form players into the team at the expense of those who earned the qualification.

I'm not sure what is going to be less embarrassing - the same players with a backs-to the wall performance that keeps the score down to 1,2,3, or making changes, having a go and stripping the confidence of young players. if they get done by 4 or 5. I would rather see us have a go - but expect to see the pragmatic approach of same team with Adams in for Christie (which means Dykes stays I'm afraid) - plus Tierney for Cooper if fit, (although I would rather it was Hanley who dropped out). Backs to the wall and hope for a lucky break.

Perhaps the Croatia game will be the day for changes - bit like 78 when the team that should have started was finally discovered again the Netherlands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.