Scotland Independance Referendum

Damocles said:
You're voting in a geopolitical decision based on emotion.

There's nothing else to say really. You make your own bed in life
Pretty much, gut feeling yes.

You think i should remove emotion and try my best to make a logical decision based upon as much fact i can sift from the agenda driven turdstream as i can?

the god Gerry Gow said:
What pisses me off is the thought that they might actually vote no.

Would be great if England and Wales had there own vote and told them to do one

Why just England and Wales?<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:47 pm --<br /><br />
the god Gerry Gow said:

Why just England and Wales?

Let them go a good riddance. They drain our resources and as far as I am concerned I would be glad to see the back of them. My only hope is that if they go then it is all the way. Their own money, army, passport control and let them sign up to the EU. For years I have been fed up with their attitude and lack of respect for the rest of the UK, in particular England. As far as I am concerned go and never come back.

Irwell said:
Pull the plug on them as far as I'm concerned. Shut off the border, implement passport control, place currency restrictions so they have to switch from Sterling, pull all Government contracts for ship building and the like, pull any military or border control support, implement policies to attract all financial services from Edinburgh...

If they want to go it alone they can pay for all the expensive stuff themselves too, they can't have it both ways.

Totally spot on!

I'm fairly neutral on this. I like Scotland and the Scottish and I think it's perfectly possible for us to have a positive, friendly relationship following independence.

I do think Scotland's best interests, however, are within the Union. They are being promised a land of milk and honey by Alex Salmond which cannot possibly be realised. There would be a very real prospect of a 'brain-drain' from Scotland if they got to implement all their policies following independence.

I also think that it will be a "no" vote in any event. There is little appetite for independence in the big urban centres, especially Glasgow. I reckon the vote will be 60/40 against independence when Scottish people contemplate the risks for Scotland from the privacy of the ballot box.

law74 said:
the god Gerry Gow said:

-- Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:47 pm --

the god Gerry Gow said:

Do we really want Noriron having just got rid of the Scots

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.