Scotland v England - Tue 12th Sept, 19:45 | Friendly

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's nothing wrong with his ability, he is a very decent footballer, I'm just not really sure he's suited to being at City but he would definitely do a good job in another team.

I just think for the way we play at city, someone in that position needs to be truly top level and he's not really that, there's no shame in that though.
Phillips has improved at City. The trouble is that he arrived crocked and with a Leeds Utd attitude. This lost him a years worth of improvement under Pep. Tthe fact he turns up late,12 lb overweight and without an excuse means he would never get near the first 11. !!!
As for waist coast........ tonight after 65 minutes Phillips should have been subbed..........., but Mr. Grey kept him on, Thank the heavens hates Foden and pulled him after 60 mins!

Last edited:
It's a matter of perspective. We have been watching City for 6 years under Pep. Everything else is a level down. England are 2 levels down.

Absolutely, Man City and PL in general is more exciting than England and international football.

That’s where some should try and be a bit more rational , England will never have a manager that gets them to where Man City are how they play.

PL and international football are just two different games altogether.

Phillips was ok you know, but he still has a tendency to drift towards an opposition player instead of drifting into space. This creates an oh-shit moment with somebody quickly on him and little time to find a pass. And when he did find space it was usually a pass backwards or sideways. He needs to be much more creative and dynamic for Pep, but for England, and Southgate, it might be enough.

Word for word agree! (saved me posting)
At times he stood "behind" an opposition player when out of possession, so wasn't available to receive the ball.
I fear it's a confidence thing that will never be solved.

Yeh same opinion whether we beat Scotland or lost tonight.
Nice to beat them but it was just a friendly and good run around for young lads.
And why did any of them need this game as “a run around” when we are in the middle of a premier league season. Kyle is 33 I’m sure he didn’t need 90 minutes

I can sort of understand why a West Ham fan might class England under Southgate as “superb”.

That’s thrown at me a lot, but funnily enough I support the team where our fanbase demand ‘excitement’ and ‘play the West Ham way’ (embarrassing need to pretend we have to play like Man City or we won’t be satisfied)

Irony is, if we lost a game 5-4 in a entertaining match it’s still the same abuse thrown at manager and outrage over defence.

Away to Brighton other week we sat back, hardly had any possession, but won 3-1 and could have been more. Yet fans were ecstatic!

Shows it’s a results business rather than this embarrassing demand of being ‘entertained’

And why did any of them need this game as “a run around” when we are in the middle of a premier league season. Kyle is 33 I’m sure he didn’t need 90 minutes

It’s not Southgate or the FA that arranges the fixtures.

there was another 20 odd friendlies tonight including Germany v France

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.