Scotland v England - Tue 12th Sept, 19:45 | Friendly

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely, Man City and PL in general is more exciting than England and international football.

That’s where some should try and be a bit more rational , England will never have a manager that gets them to where Man City are how they play.

PL and international football are just two different games altogether.
Fair enough. Maybe you wear your excitement on your sleeve, and I respect that. I just struggle with the superlatives you use describing England.
I see a generational pool of players that will never achieve their potential because the manager just doesn't have the minerals for top level football.
You see optimism, I see wasted talent.
There is literally nothing Southgate can do to convince me he is anything but a lucky ex-player "yes boss"ing his way to the top of the English game.

Once upon a time, I would have been giddy at a win over Scotland, but I didn't even know we were playing them until I just clicked on here. Can't wait til proper footy gets going again this weekend.

Yes, they can, the vast majority of football fans are thick in my opinion.

I’ve had a whole season of hearing ‘Moyes is a ****, he’s sleep walking us to relegation’ and all the other usual cliches ‘he’s a dinosaur ’ ‘clueless’ ‘don’t know what he’s doing’

Then we go and lift a European trophy and started the season off brilliantly, thank f*ck our owners didn’t listen to our fans and stuck by him.

Sorry, slightly off tangent, but I’ve long learnt the majority opinion isn’t always the right one when it comes to football.
Let’s see where WH are end of season before you start the David Moyes is a football genius chants.

Fair enough. Maybe you wear your excitement on your sleeve, and I respect that. I just struggle with the superlatives you use describing England.
I see a generational pool of players that will never achieve their potential because the manager just doesn't have the minerals for top level football.
You see optimism, I see wasted talent.
There is literally nothing Southgate can do to convince me he is anything but a lucky ex-player "yes boss"ing his way to the top of the English game.

That’s fine, we see things differently, that’s what football is all about at times.

I would just hate to fall in the trap of demanding the England manager plays west ham players , must play how I want them to play, must be entertained, must not play any spurs players etc.

All that would absolutely spoil supporting my own nation.

Anyhow, not ‘hiding away’ from any posts to me. Got a newborn to feed then hitting bed with my new Southgate pillows. Laters blues.

Absolutely, Man City and PL in general is more exciting than England and international football.

That’s where some should try and be a bit more rational , England will never have a manager that gets them to where Man City are how they play.

PL and international football are just two different games altogether.
Hope you're not excited at all on Saturday, I'll give you a cheery wave.:-)

Is there anyway of proving it to say it’s true or not ?

Southgate has the highest win% for England than any other manager , got us to our first ever Euros finals only to lose on pens and has won as many knockout games between 2018-2023 than England have achieved between 1966-2017

Also we were top scorers last World Cup and youngest squad selected.

really would love to see what the next manager will bring that’s so much better aside from actually winning a major.
As much as you can't really argue with the statistics the fact is when we've come to the final hurdle we've come up short because of his defensive strategy.
I think he just needs to let the reigns loose, drop a defensive midfielder and have Bellingham, Foden, Grealish and Saka all play together. That team would be unstoppable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.