Scotland v England - Tue 12th Sept, 19:45 | Friendly

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually think if Southgate goes now he gets credit for the guy who brought unity into the squad. He’s done that, the lads are all best mates now, no rivalry’s allowed with England. Brilliant, well in Gaz, now give it to someone who can set this team up to win something and you get everyone’s best wishes.
This i agree on. He gets credit for the team unity but he is a fucking horrific coach.

This is why Southgate gets so much grief.

Rice is a quarter of the player Rodri is. In the most important position.

Even if you think the other sets of 2 are equal, our midfield is far weaker in the 6 position.

Bellingham can’t defend. Hence Madrid play his as their false 9.

We England fans have decided that our team is better than everyone else’s, when it isn’t.

Therefore Southgate gets grief.
Think we saw tonight and also his start at Madrid that Bellingham is a force in the 10 role. Also saw Foden on the right and drifting inside complements him superbly.
This then lets southgate have his 2 holders but one cant be henderson any more.
however, it will ge back to henderson and saka for any meaningful game. So really, what was the fucking point of tonight?

This is why Southgate gets so much grief.

Rice is a quarter of the player Rodri is. In the most important position.

Even if you think the other sets of 2 are equal, our midfield is far weaker in the 6 position.

Bellingham can’t defend. Hence Madrid play his as their false 9.

We England fans have decided that our team is better than everyone else’s, when it isn’t.

Therefore Southgate gets grief.

I disagree with this.

I give Southgate grief because he has no tactical nous whatsoever. He sets this England side up to not lose rather than to win. He also completely contradicts his statements with his decisions.

I can forgive him for the semi-final defeat to Croatia, he's barely a League One standard manager, but to show no improvement in his managerial ability over the following years, and it cost us winning the Euro's and arguably a World Cup is scandalous.

Our starting XI is one of if not the, best International teams around, and we're blessed with better squad depth than most. Our players are technically superior to England players of the past and, they are far more suited to the International style of football, playing for domestic teams that are comfortable in possession whilst having to break down packed defensive systems.

Rice is not at the level of Rodri (nobody is) but he is certainly more than a 1/4 of him. There was a reason we wanted him at City.

99% of England games are us coming up against inferior opposition and trying to find a way to beat them. Like against the Ukraine, you don't break them down with Henderson in midfield.

I also think his handling of Maguire has been shambolic, there was no way he should be in the squad and then put into the spotlight like he has been. It was always going to end badly and regardless of what people think of Maguire as a player, right now his mental state must be very fragile after tonight's game. With this and his comments about Foden, whatever goodwill and harmony he forged back in 2018 looks like it is being undone.

I actually think if Southgate goes now he gets credit for the guy who brought unity into the squad. He’s done that, the lads are all best mates now, no rivalry’s allowed with England. Brilliant, well in Gaz, now give it to someone who can set this team up to win something and you get everyone’s best wishes.
Is it down to him though? Of are the players just decent lads and not cunts like neville, scholes, gerrard, carragher etc

……………….Kane
Grealish Foden Bellingham Saka
……………….Rice

That to me is world class. Nobody we possess is better and as soon as Southgate realises it he will never be able to shake off the shit manager tag.

I have to agree with this tw*t of a journo. The bullying isn't on.

I must say though, Maguire's greed is prolonging the stick he's receiving. Maguire had opportunities in summer, but sounds like he isn't looking to move for lower wages. If Maguire moved to a club like West Ham he would be a lot happier, would return to form and be welcome etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.