Scotland v Hungary - Sun 23rd June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group A

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know, that’s how bad they are. I actually like the lads who play for you. I have English people in my family I love and wouldn’t mind them having a great time. I love going to England for visits, met great people. I was fucking born there, and have always had a soft spot for you doing well. I can and do see the issues with that but believe me I try not to get the hackles up. I really do. I’ve let everybody down.

I wouldn't feel too guilty about it. I often wonder could I cope with the coverage and the behaviour if England actually won something. You'd like to think it would be a happy celebratory time, but then I think about a lot of our press and think about that recent Netflix documentary where a proportion of our 'fans' left the people that run our national stadium praying that we would actually lose the last final and then I find myself slightly relieved that at the moment it's unlikely to happen.

Last edited:
It’s a football rivalry, the oldest in the world. Obviously there’s a “slight” disparity between the teams but it’s still a rivalry. The funny thing is a fair few of the Scots are English born and probably grew up hoping to play for England, but were t good enough so chose the international equivalent of a pub team.
Cheeky fucker, although annoyingly in the ballpark,. You, on the other hand, are the lounge of the pub teams. Think you’re better than you are. The real class know this. It’s your Achilles heel. Over confidence based on the square root of fuck all. Then the actual football starts and it’s rinse and repeat.

We may be the sawdust on the floor, local. But we know that. You lot are a tacky lounge, covered in shiny fabric, awful furniture and gaudy lighting and reverberating in sounds of delusion.

Don’t get me wrong, because we know we are shite, is still shite. Who wants to get to any big stage and are reminded how lacking our best are. Sobering, and that’s not a good thing. Especially as we have dreams of grandeur. So far, unfulfilled. I’m not a betting man, but I wouldn’t see that changing any time soon,

We win tonight though, we’re taking the **** home.
Did you not read my post? It's not that he hates them;as you said, there's plenty of hatred on show. It's more why he hates them that puzzles me. Hating a team because of the media fawning all over them. That's hardly the team's fault, is it? I'd guess some of the squad are embarrassed by some of the arse kissing the media indulge in with the England squad. It's the old ploy, though; build them up, then knock them down.
Jim Jim Jim, I don’t hate the team at all. Did you read what I wrote? It’s the media, the pundits, the aftermath, the gloating. That is a fate worse than a fate worse than death.

And, as we all know, Death can be fatal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.