Scotland v Hungary - Sun 23rd June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group A

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unless you win a tournament you fail, and it's hard to say he'd win something with England. Too many factors outside of his control to determine that. He'd undoubtedly do far better than Southgate though, and he'd find a way to get the time to get his tactics across. You have friendlies, the NL and qualifiers to hone your playing style. You get a couple of weeks together and he'd spend that time working completely on drills and coaching them and repeating certain plays over and over again. It wouldn't be pretty to start with, but it wouldn't take long to start being successful and he'd have no problem picking the players that would suit it and ignore those that didn't, regardless of who they played for and what the fans wanted.

I just can't see it though. It's a job that you're almost destined to fail in and whilst the pay is good, he's not struggling there anyway!
I don't see it, i'm continually told on here that most of our buys, no matter the cost, need at least a full season under Pep before we can judge them, as it takes that long to understand what he wants.
A full season of club training must be equivalent to 8-10 years of international training time. I know Pep would make do quicker if in international football but i don't think Pep would be comfortable with 'make do'.

International football isn't for Pep.
I'll go out on a limb, i reckon Pep would fail at international football, nowhere near enough time to spend with players & fully explain his way of playing.
I don't know. He's achieved pretty much everything at club level, the International set-up might give him the chance to prove to everyone he's not just about buying players - as we know when we look at our academy.
And if he won the World Cup with England he'd truly be crowned the greatest football manager of all time.

I'm just hoping that Engerland go out tomorrow (or next match) - get rid of GS and get Pep in at the end of the season if he leaves City.

Think you might be in for a bit of a disappointment tomorrow. They’d still go through if they got beat 10-0.

I don't know. He's achieved pretty much everything at club level, the International set-up might give him the chance to prove to everyone he's not just about buying players - as we know when we look at our academy.
And if he won the World Cup with England he'd truly be crowned the greatest football manager of all time.
Not sure even Pep could do that ha

I don't see it, i'm continually told on here that most of our buys, no matter the cost, need at least a full season under Pep before we can judge them, as it takes that long to understand what he wants.
A full season of club training must be equivalent to 8-10 years of international training time. I know Pep would make do quicker if in international football but i don't think Pep would be comfortable with 'make do'.

In club football that's true, but International football is quite different. It's the lack of control that he'd struggle with like you say. But you have two years to work on tactics and coaching between tournaments.

Our group in qualifying for this tournament included a transitional Italian side who has missed the past two world cups, and the Ukraine as the toughest opposition. But he didn't experiment in the games he could have. TAA was only tried in the Malta game. Even North Macedonia he was fearful of. Pep would back his ideas, coaching and the team to get things in place so that you're certain of what's expected when you hit the tournament.

The build up is the time to coach and experiment, the tournament it should all come together. There's time to do that if you back yourself and the players to still get the results they need. Germany have been all over the place in the past couple of years as they've looked to try and get a system nailed down. Nagelsmann has come in and managed to get his ideas across and they now look a much stronger prospect just at the time they need to.

For anyone interested (taken from reddit, credit to Soso74)

In order for Hungary to qualify at least 2 of 5 of these group scenarios must occur):

GROUP B (kinda likely to happen):

Both of these scenarios must happen

1. Spain MUST either win or draw against Albania
  2. Italy MUST win OR draw against Croatia OR Croatia must win against Italy at least by 4 goals
GROUP C (very very likely to happen):

1. England MUST win against Slovenia
GROUP D(very unlikely):

1. Netherlands MUST win against Austria by at least 4 goals
GROUP E (kinda likely to happen):
This group is very tough to predict and there's so much different scenarios that would let Hungary qualify, but almost none of them are realistic so I will just put the one and only that is anyhow likely to happen:

1. Romania wins against Slovakia AND Belgium wins against Ukraine by at least 2 goals
GROUP F (likely to happen):

1. Portugal MUST win OR draw against Georgia AND (one of this 2 scenarios will lead Hungary to qualification): 2a. Turkey MUST win OR draw against Czechia 2b. Czechia MUST win against Turkey by at least 3 goals

The one part I disagree with is the author assuming England is VERY VERY likely to win against Slovenia. I am not so sure.

Scotland deserved to lose just for that stupid "McMontage" of an idiot playing a keyboard, while singing the names of past Scotland goalscorers at the Euros.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.