Scotland v Hungary - Sun 23rd June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group A

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He is clearly onside and yes it was checked , not a pen in my opinion but have seen them given .
I think it is one of those decisions that if it was given by the ref it would remain a penalty after var had a look.
No real proof that the ref got it wrong.

I've watched every team play in this tournament and the two that have stuck out like a sore thumb in terms of a lack of technical ability and a system that the players are effective in are Scotland and England.

The Scots were consistently passing behind their team mates and their ball control was abysmal at times. The whole strategy seemed to be to hope for a ricochet or a bit of luck, rather than to show any quality. There was no pace in the side when the team did get forward, and the most effective period was the last 10 mins where they tried to get forwards and get a goal but ended up losing - fine because it's better to try and win the game than go out with a whimper. It was a harsh call on the penalty - umpire's call in cricket where if it's given it doesn't get overruled. The main issue seeing it back was that he looked to be going down and had a fist full of the Hungarian's shirt. But he forced him to be reckless and anywhere else it's a foul so it should have been given.

The English haven't been much better and what's worse is we do have the technical ability to do more than we've shown. The Scot's were making the most of the players available. There are a lack of goals and midfield creativity. I think they should have abandoned the 5 at the back for this game and unleashed Robertson (****) a bit more.

I think it is one of those decisions that if it was given by the ref it would remain a penalty after var had a look.
No real proof that the ref got it wrong.

I'd only just seen it, and frankly I expected a lot more given how much fuss there was.

Agree that it probably wouldn't have been overturned, but I'd say it's messy enough to not be given - why would the defender expect him to put his leg out like that?

I suspect Andy Robertson is responsible for a sizeable percentage of that plus City did not have any skin in the game in terms of players. It is hard - at least for me - to turn off club allegiances when following international football. I should have been pleased when England won their opener but was narked by the excessive Bellingham love-in. At least the Scottish fans seem to have enjoyed their trip regardless of results which should be relatable to most long term City fans.

I definitely think that's part of it. In the days when we had Asa and Willie, most of us would have willingly cheered on the Scots. But that's a long, long time ago.
The hype around Bellingham is just absurd. “He writes his owns scripts”, I mean what the actual fuck!?? He's a bloody good player, and I'm happy he's in the England team, so long as a proper role is assigned to Phil. The team's got a lot of talent in it, with a number of seriously good players, and should be getting to the final, at least. If it doesn't, then it's really time for Southgate to go.

That Hungarian number 9 that came on looked so unfit and slow I thought he must have been a competition winner who got the chance to play for the last 15 minutes. He had no touch whatsoever

I've enjoyed most of the games I've seen thus far, one or two weren't up to much, but overall it's been a success. My only gripe is the nauseating studio bits with the usual suspects, Wright/Shearer/Ratboy/Micah etc. All of them, they sit being wise after the event telling us that if the keeper had gone the right way he might have saved a penalty, or if a Row Z shot had gone in it would have been a goal. Really? FFS!
They are paid to dissect certain parts of the game, and they go into great detail explaining what we have all seen anyway. Why? We're fans of the sport, we can see with our own eyes what has happened, we don't need a mega-ċunt like Ratboy to basically tell us 'If one team scores more goals than the other that team would win the game.'

They remind me of those old end-of-pier pantomimes you used to get: some washed-up actor/singer from years and years ago now reduced to playing Widow Twankey at some run-down theatre or other, delighting the kids with his 'He's behind you,' routine, whilst bemused adults watch on and snigger: 'He's that cùnt who used to do those washing-up commercials. Remember? He used to go out with that really fit bird from 'A Touch of Frost.'

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a bit of personality there, but it all just seems so contrived and phoney, like they are trying to give the impression that they are good old mates down the boozer having a laugh, when in reality they look bored and disinterested - the same as myself whenever I have the misfortune of switching on too early.

I've enjoyed most of the games I've seen thus far, one or two weren't up to much, but overall it's been a success. My only gripe is the nauseating studio bits with the usual suspects, Wright/Shearer/Ratboy/Micah etc. All of them, they sit being wise after the event telling us that if the keeper had gone the right way he might have saved a penalty, or if a Row Z shot had gone in it would have been a goal. Really? FFS!
They are paid to dissect certain parts of the game, and they go into great detail explaining what we have all seen anyway. Why? We're fans of the sport, we can see with our own eyes what has happened, we don't need a mega-ċunt like Ratboy to basically tell us 'If one team scores more goals than the other that team would win the game.'

They remind me of those old end-of-pier pantomimes you used to get: some washed-up actor/singer from years and years ago now reduced to playing Widow Twankey at some run-down theatre or other, delighting the kids with his 'He's behind you,' routine, whilst bemused adults watch on and snigger: 'He's that cùnt who used to do those washing-up commercials. Remember? He used to go out with that really fit bird from 'A Touch of Frost.'

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a bit of personality there, but it all just seems so contrived and phoney, like they are trying to give the impression that they are good old mates down the boozer having a laugh, when in reality they look bored and disinterested - the same as myself whenever I have the misfortune of switching on too early.
'If' I watch a match - it's on at the kick off and off at the final whistle, with half time off as well, I know what I've seen, I don't need some ex footballer that's desperately trying to hang onto a six figure salary telling me what I've seen.

Maybe if you didn't spend tournaments getting battered then the Farages wouldn't have something to sing about mate
Our team get battered. That’s normal. Consistency is so under rated. You’re still as boring as fuck on and off the park though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.