Scotland v Hungary - Sun 23rd June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group A

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The English haven't been much better and what's worse is we do have the technical ability to do more than we've shown. The Scot's were making the most of the players available. There are a lack of goals and midfield creativity. I think they should have abandoned the 5 at the back for this game and unleashed Robertson (****) a bit more.

I don't even think Southgate would get through qualifiers to get the tournament with the Scotland team, I think he's that bad. He's just lucky that he has enough talented players not making him look as bad as he is, but even thats showing now more than ever, as it eventually does when some chancer is out of their depth.

As for Scotland, yes they were poor really but their finishing spot is not really any shock. On their best day they're basically about the level of Hungary, so they finished pretty much where they should. I don't think there's too much shame in the result per se, its just a shame they barely gave their fans any big moments and probably didn't leave it all on the pitch.

I'm just hoping that Engerland go out tomorrow (or next match) - get rid of GS and get Pep in at the end of the season if he leaves City.

No chance. I strongly doubt he'd be interested. And all the billions of United and Liverpool fans (real, or mainly fake) would loathe him on principle (oh, you can add a sizeable portion of the Arsenal crowd too, now). Oh, and he's tarnished because he's been managing a team of cheats, as everyone knows.

I'm just hoping that Engerland go out tomorrow (or next match) - get rid of GS and get Pep in at the end of the season if he leaves City.
International football isn't for Pep.
I'll go out on a limb, i reckon Pep would fail at international football, nowhere near enough time to spend with players & fully explain his way of playing.

I don't even think Southgate would get through qualifiers to get the tournament with the Scotland team, I think he's that bad. He's just lucky that he has enough talented players not making him look as bad as he is, but even thats showing now more than ever, as it eventually does when some chancer is out of their depth.

As for Scotland, yes they were poor really but their finishing spot is not really any shock. On their best day they're basically about the level of Hungary, so they finished pretty much where they should. I don't think there's too much shame in the result per se, its just a shame they barely gave their fans any big moments and probably didn't leave it all on the pitch.

There's not a chance he'd qualify with that Scottish team.

I do think they went a bit too defensive against Hungary, should have attacked them a bit sooner rather than leave it for the last 20 minutes (including added time). Hungary have been poor in this tournament, they were quite competitive in the previous Euro's.

Our team get battered. That’s normal. Consistency is so under rated. You’re still as boring as fuck on and off the park though.

Mate, don't sell yourselves short, you did win that goal kick against Germany after 3 minutes or so - that's something to tell the grandkids about.

International football isn't for Pep.
I'll go out on a limb, i reckon Pep would fail at international football, nowhere near enough time to spend with players & fully explain his way of playing.

Unless you win a tournament you fail, and it's hard to say he'd win something with England. Too many factors outside of his control to determine that. He'd undoubtedly do far better than Southgate though, and he'd find a way to get the time to get his tactics across. You have friendlies, the NL and qualifiers to hone your playing style. You get a couple of weeks together and he'd spend that time working completely on drills and coaching them and repeating certain plays over and over again. It wouldn't be pretty to start with, but it wouldn't take long to start being successful and he'd have no problem picking the players that would suit it and ignore those that didn't, regardless of who they played for and what the fans wanted.

I just can't see it though. It's a job that you're almost destined to fail in and whilst the pay is good, he's not struggling there anyway!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.