Scott Sinclair (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
I hope we wait until 23.59 Friday night now, cause you can be sure that they're just as keen to get some money in for him now while they can as we are of getting the player in.

We'd be 59 mins too late....

Neville Kneville said:
dctid said:
Blue Haze said:
This was posted in the It's Quiet thread

Hope we have a Plan B in case this goes tits up.

Based upon what we have seen so far its very fucking unlikely

Very unlikely Sinclair is plan A.

I thought that but we haven't really been linked seriously with any other winger type player and with Hargreaves and AJ leaving we needed 2 English players in to fill our quota. I would think Sinclair has probably been an option since the window opened

blue12 said:
Let's be honest here would anybody be gutted if this didn't happen,reckon at best sinclair is plan c.
Walk away city and leave Swansea with a pissed off player with 12 months left before he is on a free.

I am utterly sick of this story for what is, at best, a bit part player. That's all.

moomba said:
alky313 said:
moomba said:
He's also complaining about the time taken to get the deal done, leaving them little time to get a replacement.

He seems to think we have a responsibility to help them get the best deal for their club possible.

In all honesty it is in our best nature to do things professionally and quickly for the future. If we truly want a player it shouldn't be because he was a great deal at the time... But a tremendous addition for the future. Clubs should want to do business with us for the financial aspect but as well as the professional aspect.

The situation now is that if two teams bid 20m for a player and one of them is City... The selling club is likely to fuck us over for the sake of it.

We should have wrapped this deal up two weeks ago.

We shouldn't be forced to do a deal on their terms. I'm sure we'd love to finalise the deal as early as possible, but if they're not willing to sell at a price we're willing to buy at then it's just too bad. We shouldn't be the club that has to blink first every time.

I hope we wait until 23.59 Friday night now, cause you can be sure that they're just as keen to get some money in for him now while they can as we are of getting the player in.

If Swansea are asking a set amount... They shouldn't have to lower their price either. We also shouldn't be forcing anyone's hand in the eleventh hour either. We were once a club of Swansea's stature. For us Scott Sinclair is a plan B but there are few players of his value available on the market with the proper wages.

This is a club who has sent out Joe Allen, Sygurdsson and co. If we can't get a deal done for winger they haven't even started yet this season then there are questions to be asked here.

Rammy Blue said:
moomba said:

Well there's always January ;)

Rammy Blue said:
moomba said:

Doh!!! Can I blame Marwood?

-- Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:05 am --

alky313 said:
If Swansea are asking a set amount... They shouldn't have to lower their price either. We also shouldn't be forcing anyone's hand in the eleventh hour either. We were once a club of Swansea's stature. For us Scott Sinclair is a plan B but there are few players of his value available on the market with the proper wages.

So we just pay the asking price, or walk away? Doesn't seem a sensible way of doing business to me.

This is a club who has sent out Joe Allen, Sygurdsson and co. If we can't get a deal done for winger they haven't even started yet this season then there are questions to be asked here.

Joe Allen had a release clause which was met by Liverpool. They didn't own Sygurdsson, he was bought from Hoffenheim.

With Marwood's clout, SS will probably have to hitch hike up the M6 for his medical sometime late on Friday evening. Too late to be included v QPR no doubt. Maybe Bri's mobile has been on re-charge all night and he's having a lie-in this morning ? Meanwhile the rest of the football world is up and getting on with business.

Jenkins assuming he has been quoted correctly has said nothing more than what anybody in his position would say regarding a player who doesn't want to play for them anymore or wants to join a club that he thinks can better suit his future requirements and their need to get the best price they can for him.

As for hitting out at City line , its another piece of headline grabbing journalism.

It the lazy journalism that bemuses me more than anything Jenkins did or didn't say and how he said it.

I suspect we do need Sinclair to fill our quotas and if this is the main/only reason for bringing him in , it won't end up well for us or him I would suggest.

alky313 said:
moomba said:
alky313 said:
In all honesty it is in our best nature to do things professionally and quickly for the future. If we truly want a player it shouldn't be because he was a great deal at the time... But a tremendous addition for the future. Clubs should want to do business with us for the financial aspect but as well as the professional aspect.

The situation now is that if two teams bid 20m for a player and one of them is City... The selling club is likely to fuck us over for the sake of it.

We should have wrapped this deal up two weeks ago.

We shouldn't be forced to do a deal on their terms. I'm sure we'd love to finalise the deal as early as possible, but if they're not willing to sell at a price we're willing to buy at then it's just too bad. We shouldn't be the club that has to blink first every time.

Not in my fookin lifetime we haven´t!

We have offered a very fair price - the player has NO caps and NO cups or titles to his name.
They´ve sold those 2 but have brought in many more IIRC

Does anyone know why Brendan Rodgers hasn't tried to get Sinclair at Anfield? He knows the player's ability and limitations well in yet hasn't tried to poach him! If he's not good enough to fit into Rodgers' plans, surely we should be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.