Scott Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool clearly want Sinclair.

We clearly want Agger.

This is simply a tool to get Agger more quickly threatening to take Sinclair from their grasp.

Agger is disputing a loyalty payment with Pool.

We are certainly no longer standing still.

kompany10 said:
Sleeping_Easy said:
Kun Aguero said:

was thinking the same.

and me!

Well we had Silva so and thought an extra Attacking Midfielder was a luxury and I thought at the time the price was a bit steep, and fingers crossed he will prove me wrong again. Arsenal fans were not entirely convinced when he was there yes we may laugh at them, but they are fans all the same and I still personally value their opinions and they were right with Adebayor. So you might not agree with me but just expressing an opinion.

My problem with this deal is not the style of the player. Delighted with a wideman.

But for me the wide man has to be good enough for the manager to consider changing his formation. the player has to be good enough to compete for a place in the starting 11. This to me sounds like a young player who wont cause any problem as he knows he's well below the players starting and just a last resort when things are not working out.

he's never good enough for Mancini to even re-think his formation because he cant leave the player out

gio's side step said:
CTID101 said:
At 8m a good signing. Someone with real direct pace in the attacking third and is technically good also. Mancini has given Johnson plenty of chances and it hasn't worked out consistently. He will now try with Sinclair.

Will try what with Sinclair? To merely replace Johnson as a 'squad' player to come on and try and change games when too narrow.

Because if everyone is fit, and we are playing a reasonably difficult PL fixture, Sinclair would never start. So what is the point in signing him when we have Johnson who is no worse.

If you asked 100 neutrals to choose between Johnson and Sinclair, the number who would plump for Sinclair would be in single figures. When Johnson gets a run of games under his belt at Liverpool, we're going to look very, very, silly.

hgblue said:
gio's side step said:
CTID101 said:
At 8m a good signing. Someone with real direct pace in the attacking third and is technically good also. Mancini has given Johnson plenty of chances and it hasn't worked out consistently. He will now try with Sinclair.

Will try what with Sinclair? To merely replace Johnson as a 'squad' player to come on and try and change games when too narrow.

Because if everyone is fit, and we are playing a reasonably difficult PL fixture, Sinclair would never start. So what is the point in signing him when we have Johnson who is no worse.

If you asked 100 neutrals to choose between Johnson and Sinclair, the number who would plump for Sinclair would be in single figures. When Johnson gets a run of games under his belt at Liverpool, we're going to look very, very, silly.

sinclair is a better player and more effective and direct than johnson which is what we are looking for.

gio's side step said:
CTID101 said:

Try and progress his mental and technical ability to a level where he can play in the CL and so on.

Johnson has come on a lot under Mancini but has struggled to make that next big step. Sinclair I feel with his already good level of technical ability and raw pace can.
At 8m we have nothing to lose but a whole lot to gain.

He will start games where his skills can be utilized.

Nasri and Silva suffered against Stoke as an example last season because their skill centrally fell right infront of a wall of players. Sinclair up against their full backs and its chances galore. He puts a cross for the winner and its 3 points. He offers something different. That something different can win you matches.

hgblue said:
gio's side step said:
CTID101 said:

100% agree

CTID101 said:
gio's side step said:
CTID101 said:

Try and progress his mental and technical ability to a level where he can play in the CL and so on.

Johnson has come on a lot under Mancini but has struggled to make that next big step. Sinclair I feel with his already good level of technical ability and raw pace can.
At 8m we have nothing to lose but a whole lot to gain.

He will start games where his skills can be utilized.

Nasri and Silva suffered against Stoke as an example last season because their skill centrally fell right infront of a wall of players. Sinclair up against their full backs and its chances galore. He puts a cross for the winner and its 3 points. He offers something different. That something different can win you matches.

this

kippaxwarrior said:
Philbo said:
He's been given the grand tour today of the training complex etc. Fee agreed, IMO this is a decent bit of business, a very useful squad player who would give most full backs a tough time. However for an extra 500k we could have got Moses from Wigan.

Thought Moses to Chelsea was a done deal?
How do you know about today? ;-)

Yeah I've heard that the Moses one is done, but just a comparison.

Someone I know who is very much ITK told me.

I can see Mancini's logic in this one. He is what I would call a game changer. Something different to what we have already got and can score a goal. He has loads of pace and could hurt teams who just try and defend against us who could be tired with 20 minutes to go.

kompany10 said:
hgblue said:
gio's side step said:

sinclair is a better player and more effective and direct than johnson which is what we are looking for.

Scott Sinclair is NOT a better player than Adam Johnson. In fact, he's not on the same planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.