Scott Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony101 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
BlueBilly said:
Good Premier League player, not good enough for us. Adam Johnson is very frustrating, but he's twice the player Sinclair is.

So you honestly think that we can now say that a "good Premier League player" is not good enough to be a squad player at City? Exactly what calibre of player do you expect us to have on the bench? We don't play with wingers regularly, so any winger we sign is going to be a squad player rather than a regular starter, but we need to still have wingers in the squad. Who do you think we should sign for that role?
Squad player should be able to compete for a place in the starting 11. i never get the idea that there has to be a set order. You have to have competition

Obviously in an ideal world you would have 30 top players all good enough to make a Prem winning starting 11 but all happy to sit on the bench for 30 games a season. Alas, City are operating in the real world. You have little choice but to have the top players who will play the majority of matches and then players who are probably a level below but are able to fill in when required. Just in terms of wages you have to have varying qualities of players otherwise we would have 30 players all on 200k a week. It is a slightly different situation because we don't really play with wingers but AJ is not good enough to be a regular starter for City but he is an excellent player to have on the bench, I think exactly the same could be said of the likes of Sinclair.

citytill1die84 said:
Hope he's not reading this forum. Why don't we all give him a chance eh? The boy is young looked quite decent last season and could thrive with the quality of player he will have around him. He's got bags of pace which we badly need I'm quite happy (not over the moon) at signing him. But please give him a break and a chance.

I hope none of our players read this forum let alone rumoured signings

citytill1die84 said:
Hope he's not reading this forum. Why don't we all give him a chance eh? The boy is young looked quite decent last season and could thrive with the quality of player he will have around him. He's got bags of pace which we badly need I'm quite happy (not over the moon) at signing him. But please give him a break and a chance.

You do realise that messageboards are for people to give their opinions?

It would look pretty fucking stupid if everyone said the same thing!

Try RAWK if you like that sort of forum...

Soulboy said:
citytill1die84 said:

You do realise that messageboards are for people to give their opinions?

It would look pretty fucking stupid if everyone said the same thing!

Try RAWK if you like that sort of forum...

Couldn't agree more, but some people's opinions on here go beyond the pail. Then there is darned right arrogance and no end of complete fuckwittery

That's just my opinion

greasedupdeafguy said:
He might be able to actually get past a player unlike Johnson.

Its strange that the grass is always greener, Swnas fans would bite our hands off for a swap for AJ

HMmm, nope, I just can't work it out

If Citeh do want Scott then I'd take Johnson instead. Or am I the only one who thinks that'd be a trade up?

Nope I totally agree, I would bite their hands off if that offer was on the table.

Read more at <a class="postlink" href="http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=125677&start=16#cB87bs2iUtuxPvJl.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopi ... tuxPvJl.99</a>

So has this thread got to 27 pages? Ive seen one source and that was from the mirror.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:39 pm --<br /><br />
rastus said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
He might be able to actually get past a player unlike Johnson.

Its strange that the grass is always greener, Swnas fans would bite our hands off for a swap for AJ

HMmm, nope, I just can't work it out

If Citeh do want Scott then I'd take Johnson instead. Or am I the only one who thinks that'd be a trade up?

Nope I totally agree, I would bite their hands off if that offer was on the table.

Read more at <a class="postlink" href="http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=125677&start=16#cB87bs2iUtuxPvJl.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopi ... tuxPvJl.99</a>
I haven't honestly seen Johnson beat a player in the past year, not even in pre-season.

Another paper chimes in:

The GB Olympic team winger is having talks with City today ahead of a surprise move to Eastlands.

Manager Roberto Mancini has been looking for a left-sided winger and, with Sinclair’s contract talks at Swansea at an impasse, the timing of his interest has come perfectly.

Liverpool have also been keen on the 23-year-old but they will struggle to match City financially at the moment.

The two clubs are continuing to negotiate over Daniel Agger and Adam Johnson’s name has cropped up in conversation.

The arrival of Sinclair could increase Johnson’s chances of leaving. The England international has struggled to break through and establish himself at City.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2184960/Transfer-latest-Scott-Sinclair-talking-Manchester-City-Alex-Song-wanted-Barcelona.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... elona.html</a>

From what I have seen, which isn't a lot, he seems to be a decent replacement for Johnson.

Johnson is average and he's been here for around 3yrs now and I feel its time to move on.

Sinclair is obviously not a world beater but he'll get enough games, he'll be a decent squad player and has pace, which is a department we lack in.

All in all 8mil for Johnson and buy Sinclair for 8mil isn't bad business as long as this isn't our only business, which I don't think it will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.