Scott Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.
taconinja said:
Seosa said:
hgblue said:
What the fuck is a plastic?

Somebody who jumps on board to a club's success. Some, who are abroad for example, you kinda want to attract even though some of the Global fans can be cocks, but basically the plastics are mainly the ones who only post in the Transfer forum. They are attracted by saying, "I support the Champions, the best team" and get off on debating transfers and using terms like regista like they're guests on ESPN Press Pass with Marcotti.
Hey now some of us use terms because that's how we learned the sport. The three guys who introduced me to football many years ago were a Serbian, a Londoner and a Lithuanian. The Serbian guy always used the Italian terms. :)

I can understand Europeans using the terms, but English fans going on about Trequartistas and Registas is fucking cringeworthy.

Seosa said:
taconinja said:
Seosa said:
Somebody who jumps on board to a club's success. Some, who are abroad for example, you kinda want to attract even though some of the Global fans can be cocks, but basically the plastics are mainly the ones who only post in the Transfer forum. They are attracted by saying, "I support the Champions, the best team" and get off on debating transfers and using terms like regista like they're guests on ESPN Press Pass with Marcotti.
Hey now some of us use terms because that's how we learned the sport. The three guys who introduced me to football many years ago were a Serbian, a Londoner and a Lithuanian. The Serbian guy always used the Italian terms. :)

I can understand Europeans using the terms, but English fans going on about Trequartistas and Registas is fucking cringeworthy.
Well I sort of speak English as I'm an American, but it can be a bit ridiculous I agree. The main reason I fall back to the terms to be honest is that I find it hard to describe precisely what I'm trying to say with the English terms as they seem a bit more general. I may be missing nuance of course.

hgblue said:
taconinja said:
hgblue said:
Someone only showing up because we're now successful.

Yep, that's what I thought it meant. So anyone who doesn't rate Sinclair (which may well include Mancini if the Swansea chairman's denial is to be believed) is a plastic?

If you asked 100 neutrals whether someone who doesn't rate Sinclair is a plastic, the number who would say "no" would be in single figures.

markbmcfc said:
Threads like these are the perfect time to spot the plastics.

Toys right out the pram because we haven't spent £30m. Hopefully Chelsea will spend a bit more then you can go back to supporting them.

FWIW, I don't rate him that highly, but I have faith in the club at every level of management.

Mark come off it mate. You could just argue that it's easy to spot the plastics because they don't seem to care about us signing a distinctly average player who will offer very little. It's not spoilt to want us to sign worthwhile players. Like others have said I'd rather we didn't sign anyone than sinclair or had just kept Weiss. It's pointless and wasteful otherwise

Lancet Fluke said:
hgblue said:
taconinja said:

Yep, that's what I thought it meant. So anyone who doesn't rate Sinclair (which may well include Mancini if the Swansea chairman's denial is to be believed) is a plastic?

If you asked 100 neutrals whether someone who doesn't rate Sinclair is a plastic, the number who would say "no" would be in single figures.
Don't ofton post as I don't have much to say - I've been a plastic and a glory hunter since '68 (I'm 52 now) but I have to say these threads amuse and frustrate me in equal measure. Thank you.

hgblue said:
taconinja said:
hgblue said:

I didn't say that, and I also said I didn't rate him much.

The point is not who doesn't rate him. Plastics are quite easy to spot, they usually have a username that you can't pronounce, frequently post in Football Manager threads and ask why don't we sign X player worth £30m, because it's as simple as that.

These people tend to appear in these sort of threads.

The Fat el Hombre said:
markbmcfc said:

Toys right out the pram because we haven't spent £30m. Hopefully Chelsea will spend a bit more then you can go back to supporting them.

FWIW, I don't rate him that highly, but I have faith in the club at every level of management.

Mark come off it mate. You could just argue that it's easy to spot the plastics because they don't seem to care about us signing a distinctly average player who will offer very little. It's not spoilt to want us to sign worthwhile players. Like others have said I'd rather we didn't sign anyone than sinclair or had just kept Weiss. It's pointless and wasteful otherwise

correct.

taconinja said:
Seosa said:
taconinja said:

Well I sort of speak English as I'm an American, but it can be a bit ridiculous I agree. The main reason I fall back to the terms to be honest is that I find it hard to describe precisely what I'm trying to say with the English terms as they seem a bit more general. I may be missing nuance of course.

See that's a logical reasoning tbh.

markbmcfc said:
hgblue said:
taconinja said:

I didn't say that, and I also said I didn't rate him much.

The point is not who doesn't rate him. Plastics are quite easy to spot, they usually have a username that you can't pronounce, frequently post in Football Manager threads and ask why don't we sign X player worth £30m, because it's as simple as that.

These people tend to appear in these sort of threads.

Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation. I'll climb down off my high horse ;).

The Fat el Hombre said:
markbmcfc said:

That wasn't what I meant, I share your view on Sinclair and I know your not a plastic Alex!

Your on here enough to know (btw wtf is going on with your post count!) the sort of people I'm referring to, it's nothing to do with Sinclair and if this would or wouldnt be a decent signing. Most who are underwhelmed will be for footballing or tactical reasons, but we all know there are some that are underwhelmed for commercial or popularity reasons, it's the nature of being successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.