Scott Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.
oakiecokie said:
Tony101 said:
I dont get this deal like most. if you need a wide man that can give you something from the bench. Surely you would pick A.Johnson ahead of Sinclair?

I just get the feeling that Bobby has seen enough of AJ and he possibly feels he aint consistent enough.

I'd agree with that, as would most City fans I think.

I doubt SS would have been anywhere near the top of most fans shopping lists, but as a direct comparison to AJ, Sinclair scores pretty well in my eyes.

gio's side step said:
Get real.

Scott Sinclair is an average/good footballer. Not good enough for us.

Couldn't make the grade at Chelsea.

Been on loan at QPR, Charlton, Plymouth, Crystal Palace, Birmingham and Wigan.

Fitted into a well balanced average Swansea side who played decent football.

People are really suggesting this would be a good signing? Give over. He would never get into the team if everyone were fit. Would be no where near the CL games.

And for all the criticism of Johnson, he is not in the same league in terms of natural ability. Johnson might need to buckle down and work harder but he's far more talented than Scott Sinclair.

Becoming a bit disallusioned with the transfer activity.

I find this very simple.

We keep the players we've got (all four strikers and Johnson/Milner as back up midfield players). We make sure all contracts are sorted. Replace Kolarov if possible and sign someone 'cheaper than Agger' as cover instead of Savic.

That's it. And we still then have the best squad to retain our title.

Fuck Chelsea, fuck Utd, a spine of Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and front two of Aguero and Tevez is all I want.
It appears the manager doesn't feel the same.

gio's side step said:
Get real.

People are really suggesting this would be a good signing? Give over. He would never get into the team if everyone were fit. Would be no where near the CL games.

And for all the criticism of Johnson, he is not in the same league in terms of natural ability. Johnson might need to buckle down and work harder but he's far more talented than Scott Sinclair.

I find this very simple.

We keep the players we've got (all four strikers and Johnson/Milner as back up midfield players). We make sure all contracts are sorted. Replace Kolarov if possible and sign someone 'cheaper than Agger' as cover instead of Savic.

Fuck Chelsea, fuck Utd, a spine of Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and front two of Aguero and Tevez is all I want.
Smacks of football snobbery that post. He will be a squad signing, an addition for the long campaign ahead. Nothing wrong with it. Do you really think we will only ever go and buy the best for silly money? Sometimes you have to add good players amongst those world class to pack out the first team squad for cover. Good signing if it happens.

PistonBlue said:
oakiecokie said:
Tony101 said:
I dont get this deal like most. if you need a wide man that can give you something from the bench. Surely you would pick A.Johnson ahead of Sinclair?

I just get the feeling that Bobby has seen enough of AJ and he possibly feels he aint consistent enough.

I'd agree with that, as would most City fans I think.

I doubt SS would have been anywhere near the top of most fans shopping lists, but as a direct comparison to AJ, Sinclair scores pretty well in my eyes.

agree with that

well it makes sense to me, he was one of the main men at swansea so tried probably to do more. GN highlighted out wing problem last season very clearly, think Mancini's going to give him a much simpler job of beating his men getting to the touchline and putting a ball in. Also he has express pace, looking at his fifa 12 stats (yes fifa 12, they're quite accurate) of the top of my head he had something like 94 acceleration and sprint speed right? so he'll be our fastest attacking player.

decent signing overall, will be a good impact sub, better than AJ

Pigeonho said:
gio's side step said:
Get real.

I find this very simple.

Smacks of football snobbery that post. He will be a squad signing, an addition for the long campaign ahead. Nothing wrong with it. Do you really think we will only ever go and buy the best for silly money? Sometimes you have to add good players amongst those world class to pack out the first team squad for cover. Good signing if it happens.

No I dont think we will nor am I advocating we do so. But its about signing the right players, when we need them, for the right money. Sinclair is not good enough. We have better squad players currently. I do not understand the idea of signing agger (with potentially allowing Johnson to go to Liverpool) to then bring in Sinclair. That is not logical nor is it good football business.

If you call football snobbery belief in what we are, a top class squad who don't need to make big changes, then I'm happy with that and will accept it. Chelsea and Utd have to make big signings. We don't. Even with those players they have signed/linked with, I still believe our squad is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.