Scottish Football Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that Dundee United have appointed Jim Goodwin on a permanent basis, as they plan their return to the top flight. Did he just have a terribly unfortunate season, or is he actually a good manager?

Lost to Darvel with Aberdeen and got relegated with Dundee United all in one season - not a good look. Regardless, they'll be short priced favourites to bounce straight back up I'd imagine. They got a bit of a bounce when he joined but was probably too early to sustain. I've commented a few times, fairly, about how poor Killie have been this season but that 0-3 at Tannadice last Wednesday was ridiculously poor from Dundee United. They looked hopeless, and offering absolutely nothing in a game of that magnitude against a poor Killie side themselves was very surprising to me. They didn't pose a single threat.

Lost to Darvel with Aberdeen and got relegated with Dundee United all in one season - not a good look. Regardless, they'll be short priced favourites to bounce straight back up I'd imagine. They got a bit of a bounce when he joined but was probably too early to sustain. I've commented a few times, fairly, about how poor Killie have been this season but that 0-3 at Tannadice last Wednesday was ridiculously poor from Dundee United. They looked hopeless, and offering absolutely nothing in a game of that magnitude against a poor Killie side themselves was very surprising to me. They didn't pose a single threat.
Indeed, but I’m just not convinced he’s a bad manager. He left a good squad of players at Aberdeen, which Robson managed to an impressive 7 game winning streak, but once that run ended their form after the split was poor again. Dundee United clearly think he has the capability so I guess an overhaul of the playing staff will be required.

Kilmarnock only won two consecutive matches once last season, those last two games, so I guess McInnes will be looking to take that form into the next campaign. ;-)

I read that Dundee United have appointed Jim Goodwin on a permanent basis, as they plan their return to the top flight. Did he just have a terribly unfortunate season, or is he actually a good manager?
The 6-0 game at Easter Rd was the worst I’ve ever seen from a team, the players had given up. He’s another Jack Ross. Did well at St Mirren but crashed and burned elsewhere

Partick v Ross County in the first leg of the playoff this evening. The visitors have found winning games problematic all season, so I would imagine they’ll be content with a draw and see if they can scrape by on Sunday. Partick, by contrast, have only lost once in seventeen outings, which is especially impressive in such a competitive league, and they have only conceded nine goals in those games, with eleven clean sheets. Has the makings of a decent tie.

Now that the season is over, what do people think of VAR and how it was applied? Like a daft ****, I thought it would sort out certain “anomalies”. Not in Scotiand. Discuss.
ClubPenalties Conceded (22/23 Season)
Aberdeen13
Hibs12
St.Mirren12
Livingston11
Celtic8
Hearts7
Kilmarnock7
Ross County7
Dundee Utd5
Motherwell5
St.Johnstone5
Rangers0

Well what do you know, strike me pink
and all that. Rangers go from bottom to top when you look at penalties awarded. 12. It’s as if some force was at work. I can’t speak for the other teams, but a brilliant Goldson save at Ibrox against us, might have been awarded, but nothing to see.

and all that. Rangers go from bottom to top when you look at penalties awarded. 12. It’s as if some force was at work. I can’t speak for the other teams, but a brilliant Goldson save at Ibrox against us, might have been awarded, but nothing to see.

Great...must have been about x days since we had an ol' conspiracy theory post.

I'm sure you were the one that couldn't wait for VAR as well?

Anyway, should we not be talking about Big Ange??

Last edited:
Partick v Ross County in the first leg of the playoff this evening. The visitors have found winning games problematic all season, so I would imagine they’ll be content with a draw and see if they can scrape by on Sunday. Partick, by contrast, have only lost once in seventeen outings, which is especially impressive in such a competitive league, and they have only conceded nine goals in those games, with eleven clean sheets. Has the makings of a decent tie.

I think Thistle need a good result from the first leg tonight, by good result I mean a win. Think the draw will favour Ross County and if County won tonight it'd be very unlikely that Thistle progress from there. I've no positive or ill feeling towards either but I hope Thistle do it just purely because they travel a bit better and help create a wee bit better atmosphere, all geography related but just my personal choice.

I can't speak for other teams, but how VAR didn't award Kilmarnock a 90th minute penalty against Celtic at Hamp.....ahh I do get it actually. Nothing to see, as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.