Scottish Football Thread | 2024/25

Fortunately Hibernian moved with the times and became a club for all. Truly an ‘open church’.

Big night for Kilmarnock and St Mirren. I fully expect Killie to get through their tie relatively easily as reports in the media say Tromso have had a poor season. Anyway looks promising

I’m hoping against hope that St Mirren can do it. My local club and my nephew just got married and his new wife has booked them the away trip to Norway as their honeymoon. She’s a Keeper.

Big night for Kilmarnock and St Mirren. I fully expect Killie to get through their tie relatively easily as reports in the media say Tromso have had a poor season. Anyway looks promising

I’m hoping against hope that St Mirren can do it. My local club and my nephew just got married and his new wife has booked them the away trip to Norway as their honeymoon. She’s a Keeper.

Hmmmmm

Ryan Jack possibly signing for St Mirren. Good move for the Buddies if they can get Jack fit

Completely outplayed by Brann for most of the match and very fortunate to get a draw. Hard to see us getting through in Norway but you never know.

Our best counter-attacking and pressing forward Olusanya is suspended as well.

Completely outplayed by Brann for most of the match and very fortunate to get a draw. Hard to see us getting through in Norway but you never know.

I saw the stats during the game and it did look like Brann gave St Mirren a bit of a doing to be honest, but by all accounts they're a decent enough side so perhaps a 1-1 draw and still in the tie can be considered a decent result?

On the contrary, Killie played a poor Tromsø side and upon going 1-0 up early on decided to treat the Norwegians like Barcelona 2009. It'll not be available anywhere but I'd like to see one of those heat maps done and check the positions of their goalkeeper, who genuinely walked out with the ball up to the half way line time after time. Half our attacking players wanted to press him and their defence and the other half seemed happy to let them have it, it just led to a totally disjointed performance.

A midfield trio of Lyons, Donnelly and Polworth is far too slow. Both in and out of possession. Watson is young and has a lot to learn, doesn't always play the best but gives energy in abundance and I can not understand why McInnes has been so reluctant to use him over the last couple of big games. His legs and bite alone are needed in there.

Tromsø were 4/7 to qualify before the game, so despite their lowly position in Norway still strong enough favourites. Imagine those odds will be shorter now and sadly I don't think we'll do what we need to do away from home.

A huge let down if I'm honest, nothing like the Welsh debacle of a few years ago but still the type of game I'd like to see us take charge in and take the game to our opponents, we seem incapable out of fear or over coaching or whatever.

Good luck to St Mirren in Brann. It sounds like you'll need it, but the benefit for you is it can be considered more of a "free hit" I suppose with a better quality opposition.

Will O Hara be fit for 2nd leg?

Brann were excellent and the way they controlled the ball had St Mirren players blowing after 60 minutes. I expected them to be decent but possibly not that decent. Robinson made the changes just when it was needed and everyone contributed to a decent result.

St Mirren fought well and the new Keeper has been outstanding. Gogic again showing there is far more to his game than many give him credit for. I thought St Mirren would struggle to maintain their form of the last couple of seasons but if anything they look even stronger. Big test this weekend against Aberdeen after the players putting in such a shift last night

Great crowd again , great atmosphere and that late goal keeps the feel good factor going.

In contrast. Kilmarnock were very disappointing against a very ordinary Tromso. I managed to watch the first half and about 20 minutes of second half. Always liked Danny Armstrong but he was very quiet and that looked to be the way throughout the team. On a plus side for Killie they simply cannot be that poor again and I fancy them to get the result away from home as Tromso are lacking quality.

I saw the stats during the game and it did look like Brann gave St Mirren a bit of a doing to be honest, but by all accounts they're a decent enough side so perhaps a 1-1 draw and still in the tie can be considered a decent result?

On the contrary, Killie played a poor Tromsø side and upon going 1-0 up early on decided to treat the Norwegians like Barcelona 2009. It'll not be available anywhere but I'd like to see one of those heat maps done and check the positions of their goalkeeper, who genuinely walked out with the ball up to the half way line time after time. Half our attacking players wanted to press him and their defence and the other half seemed happy to let them have it, it just led to a totally disjointed performance.

A midfield trio of Lyons, Donnelly and Polworth is far too slow. Both in and out of possession. Watson is young and has a lot to learn, doesn't always play the best but gives energy in abundance and I can not understand why McInnes has been so reluctant to use him over the last couple of big games. His legs and bite alone are needed in there.

Tromsø were 4/7 to qualify before the game, so despite their lowly position in Norway still strong enough favourites. Imagine those odds will be shorter now and sadly I don't think we'll do what we need to do away from home.

A huge let down if I'm honest, nothing like the Welsh debacle of a few years ago but still the type of game I'd like to see us take charge in and take the game to our opponents, we seem incapable out of fear or over coaching or whatever.

Good luck to St Mirren in Brann. It sounds like you'll need it, but the benefit for you is it can be considered more of a "free hit" I suppose with a better quality opposition.
Yeah seeing them up close, they were so much sharper than we were, maybe also their quality took the players by surprise, there was definitely an element of letting them play. One, two touch passing and movement made us look clumsy and slow in midfield especially. Then they weren't afraid to play it long in behind either, but they did it at the right times and with quality. My only hope is after the subs we were much more aggressive and started to turn the ball over more often and disrupt their patterns. Hopefully next week, same as Killie, we'll be another couple of games sharper and able to compete better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.