Scottish Football Thread | 2024/25

Will O Hara be fit for 2nd leg?

Brann were excellent and the way they controlled the ball had St Mirren players blowing after 60 minutes. I expected them to be decent but possibly not that decent. Robinson made the changes just when it was needed and everyone contributed to a decent result.

St Mirren fought well and the new Keeper has been outstanding. Gogic again showing there is far more to his game than many give him credit for. I thought St Mirren would struggle to maintain their form of the last couple of seasons but if anything they look even stronger. Big test this weekend against Aberdeen after the players putting in such a shift last night

Great crowd again , great atmosphere and that late goal keeps the feel good factor going.

In contrast. Kilmarnock were very disappointing against a very ordinary Tromso. I managed to watch the first half and about 20 minutes of second half. Always liked Danny Armstrong but he was very quiet and that looked to be the way throughout the team. On a plus side for Killie they simply cannot be that poor again and I fancy them to get the result away from home as Tromso are lacking quality.
He's supposedly out for a few weeks so likely to miss this one, which is a big blow because he is the one that has the legs in midfield. Adeniran was good when he came on but he obviously isn't fit enough to play 90mins.

But aye, bar some great saves and last ditch challenges could easily been a bit of a gubbing

The last 30 gave a bit of hope and now we know what we're up against, hopefully we can give it a decent go.

Well an indifferent performance at best, second half chronic. Hanging on against the Well. Keep it up. ;)

Last week a penalty let off, this week? Hold my beer.

Firstly nobody believes the ball hitting Barrons hand was a penalty

In fairness it is laughable only two minutes were added. Should have been at least 5 - 7 minutes. There were several substitutions which would take it over the two minutes. Clancy spoke to the Motherwell keeper twice about time wasting / slowing play down. My only counter to Kettlewell would be it was his players time wasting and if they were wanting more playing time they should have got on with it

Ne er thought I’d say this but Clancy wasn’t great but was fair. That’s Walsh and Clancy so it has to be McDermott next week saving Don Robertson for the Old Firm …..

Firstly nobody believes the ball hitting Barrons hand was a penalty

In fairness it is laughable only two minutes were added. Should have been at least 5 - 7 minutes. There were several substitutions which would take it over the two minutes. Clancy spoke to the Motherwell keeper twice about time wasting / slowing play down. My only counter to Kettlewell would be it was his players time wasting and if they were wanting more playing time they should have got on with it

Ne er thought I’d say this but Clancy wasn’t great but was fair. That’s Walsh and Clancy so it has to be McDermott next week saving Don Robertson for the Old Firm …..
Regardless of the wasting time doesn’t mean two minutes was all that there was. Well we’re pushing you and you were hanging on. Nothing to see though. We had a stonewall penalty denied by The Don and Var didn’t even look at it as the foul it was. So we get no favours from that prick.

Regardless of the wasting time doesn’t mean two minutes was all that there was. Well we’re pushing you and you were hanging on. Nothing to see though. We had a stonewall penalty denied by The Don and Var didn’t even look at it as the foul it was. So we get no favours from that prick.
Was that when Killie Keeper wiped out Kyogo? If he was onside (tight) it’s as clear a penalty as you’ll see.

Kilmarnock have benefited from more incorrect VAR decisions than anyone else according to the independent VAR review board.

Got lucky at Wembley.
Phone charge died when Hearts were 1/0 down.
J J Moons at the time so had to let do with £4.65 pints of Guinness.
First time I have had that for years.

Got lucky at Wembley.
Phone charge died when Hearts were 1/0 down.
J J Moons at the time so had to let do with £4.65 pints of Guinness.
First time I have had that for years.
My City mates have banned me from attending City games at Wembley. Been twice and lost both games but did see 14 goals between both games

1000026494.jpg

If they go to D̶u̶b̶l̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶n̶ Hampden we will stay at home.

Very poor support. On another note, nice to see them struggle in Europe again when playing from a level playing field in terms of officiating. It's refreshing to watch them claim and claim for nonsense stuff but the referee not to be influenced.

That being said, Macausland should have been booked for his dive in the first half, conned the referee into a free kick. Do those see retrospective bans or is that only for dives when a penalty is awarded?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.