Scottish Football Thread | 2024/25

Genuine question

Why do English channels and sky cover Scottish football?

Does anyone in England care? Do we really need to know how Alloa v Cowdenbeath went?

Genuine question

Does anyone in England care? Do we really need to know how Alloa v Cowdenbeath went?
British. Aren’t we. I’m more perplexed as to why Sky and the Beeb cover the ROI national team. Not like the folk there even pay the licence fee.

Genuine question

Sky cover the whole of the UK, including Scotland. I'm assuming that there is sufficient interest and subscriptions up there to make it financially worthwhile for Sky to screen it. Also, certain clubs' fans in England have an affinity with one or other of the old firm. And would probably want to watch those games. And, I'd guess that 90% of live Scottish games feature one of the Glasgow duo. The exceptions would probably be the Edinburgh and Dundee derbies. The chances of seeing Alloa vs Cowdenbeath live on the telly would be minimal.

Sky cover the whole of the UK, including Scotland. I'm assuming that there is sufficient interest and subscriptions up there to make it financially worthwhile for Sky to screen it. Also, certain clubs' fans in England have an affinity with one or other of the old firm. And would probably want to watch those games. And, I'd guess that 90% of live Scottish games feature one of the Glasgow duo. The exceptions would probably be the Edinburgh and Dundee derbies. The chances of seeing Alloa vs Cowdenbeath live on the telly would be minimal.
Youve obviously never had the joy of BBC Alba ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.