Scottish Football Thread | 2024/25

I believe they share European profits in Holland for help towards ground / pitches.

Something has to be done. It’s 40 odd years since a club outwith the Old Firm won the title. You’re maybe happy with that but I’d prefer real competition and a more level playing field
Did you feel the same way, or would you, if you once again had all the money? I never heard a word about how the disparity in wealth was an issue in the 90’s. It was all great and you had a fantastic Captain of industry who served moist lamb to reporters of a certain persuasion, every time they took their heads out of his arse.

No, it’s a problem now because we have taken over. Let’s face it, the only one with real money being earned.

Did you feel the same way, or would you, if you once again had all the money? I never heard a word about how the disparity in wealth was an issue in the 90’s. It was all great and you had a fantastic Captain of industry who served moist lamb to reporters of a certain persuasion, every time they took their heads out of his arse.

No, it’s a problem now because we have taken over. Let’s face it, the only one with real money being earned.
It was ‘succulent lamb’

Get it right ….

It was ‘succulent lamb’

Get it right ….
I stand corrected. Got the bit right about their heads stuck up his arse though. That not one of they grovelling cunts even mentioned disparity of resources. It was all, cum on me Sir David, you’re amazing. You’re the best businessman ever and it’s right you have all the banks money.

At least it’s our fucking money.

That’s a fair question. I don’t remember such a huge disparity in the 80s/ 90s. I could be wrong but I don’t remember the prize money in European competitions being so great. During that time we had the ‘New Firm’ competing with Celtic for major trophies and also competing in Europe. Then we had the great Hearts team under McDonald / Jardine. At this time Rangers were spending decent amounts on Ian Redford and the original Ian Ferguson. I could be mistaken but I think they were both record signings. The financial gap didn’t seem to hold back Fergie and McLeans teams.

Celtic were handicapped by the old families neglecting the stadium and holding onto power for too long. They were saved by Wee Fergus who incidentally was a hate figure among your support at the time. I think in years to come , when he’s long gone, Lawwell will be revered in the same way McCann is now. Anyway this let Rangers in to dominate for a while.

The real gulf has emerged with the huge rise in TV money / prize money from European competition. With the pittance our clubs get from our domestic TV deal , negotiated in part by Lawwell, they are going to fall further behind unless something is done.

I know among the Rangers support there is little to no appetite to help out other clubs. I can understand why they feel that way but just because I support one of the Ugly Sisters doesn’t mean I have to believe everything they do is great for the game.

Scott Brown famously blamed the lack of domestic competition for Celtics annual abysmal performances in Europe. I’m pretty sure they dropped points the weekend after that story was published. Hes completely ignoring that the Old Firm have stifled competition for years by divvying up the prize money between them!!

The answer is not just handing out money to the other clubs. It’ll take a helluva lot more than that to fix our game but is there the will to do it? I honestly don’t think there is. Clubs are happy to plod along accepting the scraps the Old Firm see fit to throw them.

Anyway I’ll keep my season ticket going as I have done for over 40 years but I get far more enjoyment these days following Junior football and Largs Thistle in particular. I know there are many feel the same way as the crowds grow.

That’s a fair question. I don’t remember such a huge disparity in the 80s/ 90s. I could be wrong but I don’t remember the prize money in European competitions being so great. During that time we had the ‘New Firm’ competing with Celtic for major trophies and also competing in Europe. Then we had the great Hearts team under McDonald / Jardine. At this time Rangers were spending decent amounts on Ian Redford and the original Ian Ferguson. I could be mistaken but I think they were both record signings. The financial gap didn’t seem to hold back Fergie and McLeans teams.

Celtic were handicapped by the old families neglecting the stadium and holding onto power for too long. They were saved by Wee Fergus who incidentally was a hate figure among your support at the time. I think in years to come , when he’s long gone, Lawwell will be revered in the same way McCann is now. Anyway this let Rangers in to dominate for a while.

The real gulf has emerged with the huge rise in TV money / prize money from European competition. With the pittance our clubs get from our domestic TV deal , negotiated in part by Lawwell, they are going to fall further behind unless something is done.

I know among the Rangers support there is little to no appetite to help out other clubs. I can understand why they feel that way but just because I support one of the Ugly Sisters doesn’t mean I have to believe everything they do is great for the game.

Scott Brown famously blamed the lack of domestic competition for Celtics annual abysmal performances in Europe. I’m pretty sure they dropped points the weekend after that story was published. Hes completely ignoring that the Old Firm have stifled competition for years by divvying up the prize money between them!!

The answer is not just handing out money to the other clubs. It’ll take a helluva lot more than that to fix our game but is there the will to do it? I honestly don’t think there is. Clubs are happy to plod along accepting the scraps the Old Firm see fit to throw them.

Anyway I’ll keep my season ticket going as I have done for over 40 years but I get far more enjoyment these days following Junior football and Largs Thistle in particular. I know there are many feel the same way as the crowds grow.
In the 90’s we hadn’t a pot to piss in. Macari was forced to sign two lads who played for the Army! As for the poor form in Europe when Broony played, it was Lawell who failed to buy the players we needed. Big Biton playing CB, Forrest Striker, Calum LB. No investment. Simple. Lawell missed 9 out of 13 chances to qualify because of his strategy. Great businessman? My perfectly formed arse.

If we don’t get players in, I might join you at the Juniors.

Great to see the Rangers fans wire to the Moon is still intact and better than ever. ;)

Fuck me, you couldn’t make it up. What they forget is, even if No 8 came into £250b he would need to adhere to FFP and spend only what they earn. Still, cheered me up a bit, woukd have been glorious if our board weren’t fucking everything up as per.

Attachments

• ba1857b7-5fad-4fe1-9a7d-f88854c455a1.jpeg
    ba1857b7-5fad-4fe1-9a7d-f88854c455a1.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 6
Great to see the Rangers fans wire to the Moon is still intact and better than ever. ;)

Fuck me, you couldn’t make it up. What they forget is, even if No 8 came into £250b he would need to adhere to FFP and spend only what they earn. Still, cheered me up a bit, woukd have been glorious if our board weren’t fucking everything up as per.
Forget the nutters. Wtf is that Barron thread title all about? That looks like FF and I’ve not seen it!!

In the 90’s we hadn’t a pot to piss in. Macari was forced to sign two lads who played for the Army! As for the poor form in Europe when Broony played, it was Lawell who failed to buy the players we needed. Big Biton playing CB, Forrest Striker, Calum LB. No investment. Simple. Lawell missed 9 out of 13 chances to qualify because of his strategy. Great businessman? My perfectly formed arse.

If we don’t get players in, I might join you at the Juniors.
St Cadocs are seemingly backed by ‘Celtic minded’ individuals

I’m looking forward to the St Rochs game. Might have too look out the Stone Island and ZX 750s for that one : ))))))))

Your wee picture has been photoshopped. I’ve been on FF and those threads don’t exist

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.