Scottish independence

ayrshire_blue said:
Nightmare Walking said:
Will Scotland leaving the Union make my life in Manchester any different? Does them leaving hinder or benefit me?

It depends which way you see life and equality as it is.

Scotland leaving takes away a % of votes - most of which aren't for Tory. But whichever way Scotland have voted in the past hasn't mattered a shit because take our votes out of the equation and the outcome has always remained the same.

Without patronising anyone, I'd hope that if and when independence is gained, Scotland would demand a more equal, fairer society and hopefully the North of England could be inspired to demand the same.
Do you really think the little nationalist Mr Salmond is interested in a more equal fairer society?

i kne albert davy said:
ayrshire_blue said:
Nightmare Walking said:
Will Scotland leaving the Union make my life in Manchester any different? Does them leaving hinder or benefit me?

Scotland leaving takes away a % of votes - most of which aren't for Tory. But whichever way Scotland have voted in the past hasn't mattered a shit because take our votes out of the equation and the outcome has always remained the same.

Without patronising anyone, I'd hope that if and when independence is gained, Scotland would demand a more equal, fairer society and hopefully the North of England could be inspired to demand the same.
Do you really think the little nationalist Mr Salmond is interested in a more equal fairer society?

I'm not voting for Salmond. I don't care about him. I'm voting for the chance for my vote to count towards something.

Edit - Politicians will be politicians. But I figure its better to have them 50 miles from my home making my decisions than 500 miles down the road, right? That way we can have some sort of control over them.

ayrshire_blue said:
i kne albert davy said:
ayrshire_blue said:

I'm not voting for Salmond. I don't care about him. I'm voting for the chance for my vote to count towards something.
Votes always count if you get out voted by others its called democracy.

You're missing the point. Take Scotland's votes out of every election and the outcome remains the same. Scotland's votes count for feck all.

If Scotland want Labour but England want Tory - it's Tory. If Scotland want Tory (haha) but England want Labour it's Labour.

It's not about having the government each individual wants but a country with around 5 million people is large enough to have a parliament which makes decisions for itself. And before you point to Holyrood already being in existence it has little or no control over how a budget is spent north of the border. London decides that for us, yippee!

The needs of Scottish people are not the same as the needs of people from London or the south east.

ayrshire_blue said:
You're missing the point. Take Scotland's votes out of every election and the outcome remains the same. Scotland's votes count for feck all.

If Scotland want Labour but England want Tory - it's Tory. If Scotland want Tory (haha) but England want Labour it's Labour.

It's not about having the government each individual wants but a country with around 5 million people is large enough to have a parliament which makes decisions for itself. And before you point to Holyrood already being in existence it has little or no control over how a budget is spent north of the border. London decides that for us, yippee!

The needs of Scottish people are not the same as the needs of people from London or the south east.

Roll on a week on Thursday!

ayrshire_blue said:

Sorry mate that's how democracy go's if the majority of those who bother to vote,go for one particular political party chances are they get elected to govern. I don't particularly like the Tories but they have been elected what should I do declare my house independent of Westminster because my vote didn't count. Been working in Scotland for last 4 weeks,first week in Edinburgh the majority were "proud to be Scots delighted to be united" last 3 weeks in Fife and Perthshire more split with young kids poppin Braveheart in the DVD and voting with the heart, the majority over 40 say would prefer to stay as part of a United Kingdom. If and when the Yes vote lose will you're vote have counted for nothing or will your move to a smaller enclave.
P.S. beautiful country by the way.

What's the betting that a terrorist threat will appear the day before the election to scare folks into needing protection offered by a no vote.

TGR said:
ayrshire_blue said:

Roll on a week on Thursday!

And the majority of English people are also saying it.
I genuinely do hope that you get your wish and have independence.
I honestly think it is better for all concerned.
Without trying to clever or smart if the vote for independence was also given to the English it would
be a landslide 'Yes' vote. So lets just get on with it and do what is needed to be done.

TonyM said:
What's the betting that a terrorist threat will appear the day before the election to scare folks into needing protection offered by a no vote.
What with the Tories in charge more chance of a leaked story of a Tory toffs no vote piss up on the Scottish tax payer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.