Scottish independence

Yes the Scots should be prepared for 'decades of hardship' ( maybe) if they want independence.
It will be worth it.
But please remember Mr Norway they will have a lot of cards to play if they go it alone which could bring the English economy down, hence their independence could end up being financed by the rest of the UK.

A "yes" vote waters down Labour's share of the vote so theoretically, I ought to be opposed. However if the majority want an opportunity to forge their own way in the world, who are we to stop them?

I would love Scotland to say "yes" and see how they progress as a nation and so forth.

Maybe the break up of the *ahem* Union might see a different politic emerge? Who knows? I was curious, however to note the views of some Glaswegians. These were mainly Celtic fans I played darts with on a Monday night in Glasgow with, so not necessarily representative, but I thought them being pro-Irish nationalist, they'd hold a fairly similar view for their country of birth. Each to a man was opposed to Scottish independence which I thought was really odd.

Maybe I don't know enough or understand or whatever, but given the opportunity to forge your own path or become a republic etc, I'd be happy to say "yes" BUT it's not my vote or concern so I ought to stay out of it.

George Hannah said:
You'd think that the current Ukrainian bloodbath would be a warning to anyone thinking of voting for a Nationalist party.
You honestly comparing democratic elections with what is going on in Sevastopol?

Now, I've had a drink so I might be out of line and I apologise if that's the case but really?

strongbowholic said:
George Hannah said:
You'd think that the current Ukrainian bloodbath would be a warning to anyone thinking of voting for a Nationalist party.
You honestly comparing democratic elections with what is going on in Sevastopol?

Now, I've had a drink so I might be out of line and I apologise if that's the case but really?

The SNP are shooting down Malaysian Airliners as we speak.

chabal said:
strongbowholic said:
George Hannah said:

The SNP are shooting down Malaysian Airliners as we speak.
Fucking bastids!

strongbowholic said:
George Hannah said:
The increasingly divisive nature of the campaign is already a worry for many Scots.

George Hannah said:
strongbowholic said:
George Hannah said:
The increasingly divisive nature of the campaign is already a worry for many Scots.

Sky News has confirmed that Scottish Nationalists have annexed Leamington Spa.

chabal said:
George Hannah said:
strongbowholic said:
Sky News has confirmed that Scottish Nationalists have annexed Leamington Spa.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/scottish-independence/scottish-independence-accusations-of-intimidation-and-violence-fly-in-from-supporters-of-both-sides-9704743.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/sc ... 04743.html</a>

there's reason we don't do Old Firm friendlies any more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.