Scottish independence

Ronnie the Rep said:
It's getting interesting now. If they vote yes, fine, fuck off and don't complain if it goes wrong because you're not getting back in.

Secondly, if that happens, sterling short term will bomb - that suits my company because we have forward bought USD for our purchases but our sales will generate more sterling when converted back.

Thirdly, unless libdems and labour join forces, there will only be a conservative government from now on.

Fourthly, if they vote no, there will be pressure brought on to exclude Scottish MP's from voting in English issues

Fifthly, it raises the valid issue that the regions such as the North deserve some form of political self- determination

I could go on. Interesting anyway

There will be no coalition for the Lib Dems with any other political party any time soon.
Their vote will collapse at the next general election - whenever that maybe. And what's more they know it.

Len Rum said:
jimharri said:
Rammyblues said:
Talking if Yes, general election to be postponed next May :-(
Could be a blessing in disguise. You think Cameron is bad? Do you honestly think Milli-bland would be any better (and ''he can't be any worse'' is hardly a valid argument for voting him in)?
If Yes, surely these two dudes would have to resign (for different reasons).
You've stated this many times and I really don't understand the logic.

Jebus, there's some rough looking Jock women on these rallies of the yes and no sides

I can't lose!!!!

If they vote No the union is preserved!

If they vote Yes - Labour will NEVER get in again - fantastic!!!!

I hope they vote yes. If only because the Union as such is relatively modern and it will be interesting to see the reaction at Westminster.

SWP's back said:
Len Rum said:
jimharri said:
Could be a blessing in disguise. You think Cameron is bad? Do you honestly think Milli-bland would be any better (and ''he can't be any worse'' is hardly a valid argument for voting him in)?
If Yes, surely these two dudes would have to resign (for different reasons).
You've stated this many times and I really don't understand the logic.
Cameron - disastrous No campaign by Tories, not fighting for the Union with any conviction, devo max not on voting paper, timing of vote terrible. Now handing over the reins to Brown.To lose the Union is a massive loss of prestige to Britain and he would have overseen it. As Adam Boulton said it will be written on his tombstone.
Milliband - has really been invisible in the campaign and has been complacent and yet his party has more to lose politically than the Tories.i.e labour out of power for the foreseeable future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.