Scudamore Sexism Scandal

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Depends who replaces him. I'm more than a little suspicious of the source of the momentum behind the disclosure of these emails.

create a football new world order.

If this means John Barnes coming out of rapping retirement, then I'm all for it.

Danny Mills?

He disagrees with the B league last week and oh, what a surprise here's something to make him look bad.

He is totally against FfP in the PL so you can bet that Gill and Gazides want him out to get their puppet in place

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Depends who replaces him. I'm more than a little suspicious of the source of the momentum behind the disclosure of these emails.

I expressed these concerns on the FFP thread a few days ago, the timing seems very convenient as it coincides with City being hit by UEFA fines, but not to the level our domestic rivals would like. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this whole thing had been orchestrated by people affiliated with those sides with most to gain from a closer relationship between the UEFA FFP rules and those applied to the Premier League.

levets said:
What did he actually say to cause this situation...

In the emails Scudamore wrote that “You will learn over time that female irrationality increases exponentially depending on how many members join your family. That should keep you within the Chinese government’s one child per family enforcement rules. Very clever those Chinese.”[13] Scudamore also replied to a lawyer friend who joked about spending "...all day fending Edna off my graphite shaft", that his friend "...Must keep her off your shaft...graphite, sausage meat or flimsy sponge."[13] A source said the pair were referring to golf clubs,[13] and the subject of those emails, Peta Bistany, admitted that she was not at all offended and had in fact been the instigator of the banter.[15] Scudamore also forwarded an email from the football executive and businessman David Dein[16] called a "Male Fairy Tale", which read “Once upon a time a Prince asked a ­beautiful Princess, “Will you marry me?” The ­Princess said, “No!” And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and banged skinny big titted broads..

So, basically, puerile, childish shite that is pretty much inconsequential when you look at it calmly rather than hysterically. He probably shouldn't have said it, but it's the kind of stuff thousands of people send in email form on a daily basis.

levets said:
What did he actually say to cause this situation...
It appears to amount to:
1) an email joking about women being irrational,
2) some double-entendre type banter about his mate's wife and golf clubs,
3) a nothing joke involving the words "big titted broads".

And that's it. Someone's seemingly out to manufacture a fuss to get him. The only thing is that he did that to another person three years ago who headed up an organisation he wanted to get at. So on that basis it serves him right but I fail to see that it's a resigning matter.

Seems like a total stitch up to me, I reckon most people email worse than that on a daily basis. As usual though, our papers are like dogs with bones but then when you have such squeaky clean journalism as we have in this country, it is no wonder that they are so moralistic. Gill has done fucking us over with UEFA so unless he thinks he can move the goal posts again and have another pop next year then it wouldn't surprise me if he wants this job so he can use a different angle to try to make things less competitive for his beloved united.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
Looks like the spearhead of the Premier League's recent march to greatness is on the verge of being forced out of his position due to outrage over "sexist" emails found on his computer by a former PA.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/premier-league-boss-richard-scudamore-3524857" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pr ... re-3524857</a>

Would be a huge blow to the Premier League as a whole if Richard Scudamore went, and looking at the full context of the emails they really seem more riskay tongue-in-cheek than anything else, but I suppose this is the world we live in today.

I can't believe any of that was newsworthy.

There are so many professionally offended PC cunts in this world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.