Scum Found Guilty Of Lee Rigby Murder

de niro said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
de niro said:
that was 50 years ago. with DNA and shit it would never happen now.

DNA is simply one of many forms of evidence, and as such can be misused and manipulated by corrupt police officers or anyone else desperate to secure a conviction in a high profile case, regardless of the costs.
It could be planted on a victim or the accused in the same way that a fingerprint or shotgun discharge has been in the past.
Seriously, you need to give up on this now, because innocent folk have and will always be convicted, and that is the bottom line here.

i'll never "give up" in my opinion that killers should hang.

and if anyone feels quilty carrying it out i'll do it. for free.

Oh my fucking days - you really are not getting this are you?
There is a case to be made that murderers should be executed - now I don't agree with that case, but it is a school of thought nonetheless.
But if you have a death penalty for all convicted murderers, then inevitably you will end up executing an innocent person.
Would you execute them for free too?

de niro said:
DNA is simply one of many forms of evidence, and as such can be misused and manipulated by corrupt police officers or anyone else desperate to secure a conviction in a high profile case, regardless of the costs.
It could be planted on a victim or the accused in the same way that a fingerprint or shotgun discharge has been in the past.
Seriously, you need to give up on this now, because innocent folk have and will always be convicted, and that is the bottom line here.

There is a case to be made that murderers should be executed - now I don't agree with that case, but it is a school of thought nonetheless.
But if you have a death penalty for all convicted murderers, then inevitably you will end up executing an innocent person.

and would he be happy to be executed for executing someone, who was themselves then executed and so on, till you end up with 1 person left on earth who dies out because they cant breed?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
2sheikhs said:
MCFCTrick said:
Agree where there is any shadow of a doubt, but in cases such as this one, where there is ZERO chance of any injustice, that argument is void...
The thing here though mate, Timothy Evans signed a confession to killing his wife and baby, when in fact Reg Christie did it. Nobody else was in the frame for it or had any motive to do it. Anybody who heard all the case in court would have been in no doubt whatsoever that Evans was the killer. All he could be given once Christie's guilt was established was a pardon.

Bit different to a case where CCTV and video camera caught the act being carried out, they admitted it on camera holding the murder weapons and then tried to rush the police which was also recorded on video. A bit different to 1950.
Not that I agree with the death penalty just that todays evidence like in this case proves beyond all doubt
But people said it couldn't be anyone other than Evans and he signed a confession. As far as anyone was concerned it was beyond all reasonable doubt. I understand that it's not as decisive as video evidence but where do you draw the line?

2sheikhs said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
2sheikhs said:
The thing here though mate, Timothy Evans signed a confession to killing his wife and baby, when in fact Reg Christie did it. Nobody else was in the frame for it or had any motive to do it. Anybody who heard all the case in court would have been in no doubt whatsoever that Evans was the killer. All he could be given once Christie's guilt was established was a pardon.

Bit different to a case where CCTV and video camera caught the act being carried out, they admitted it on camera holding the murder weapons and then tried to rush the police which was also recorded on video. A bit different to 1950.
Not that I agree with the death penalty just that todays evidence like in this case proves beyond all doubt
But people said it couldn't be anyone other than Evans and he signed a confession. As far as anyone was concerned it was beyond all reasonable doubt. I understand that it's not as decisive as video evidence but where do you draw the line?
Video evidence?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
2sheikhs said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Video evidence?

CCTV coverage of a crime.

de niro said:

in this day and age it wouldn't happen.

best thing would be the deterrent would be there.

de niro said:
de niro said:

Of course it would happen - we have always had bent cops and judiciaries, and we always will do.
How do you ever rule out the possibilities of corruption and human error?

If it was a true deterrent, nobody in Texas, for example would commit murder. I was constantly getting the strap at school, that wasn't a deterrent either.

de niro said:
de niro said:

best thing would be the deterrent would be there.

Nonsensical comment to make unless you can guarantee there is no corruption within the police force.

Is it a deterrent? Murderers like Fred West commit suicide prior to trial, or post trial like Shipman. Brady and Huntley want to die. If you take US as the example then you could spend 30 years on death row before execution. If I was convicted of a murder I committed I would rather kill myself than face a lifetime inside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.