Scum Hunter Shoots Cecil the Lion

b) Why is Cecil more important than any other lion just because he's famous in our world?
Because he's the alpha male. Which means that not only have they killed one lion, but they've ensured that the new alpha male will kill all of his cubs too. Add to that the fact that he was tagged, suggesting he was involved in some important research. And finally, because he was a rare black-maned lion he brought in plenty of tourists, which is presumably important for the local economy. Not only is it important for the local economy, but it's important for the wildlife in the region too, because a successful tourist sector ensures that large areas are economically viable as a nature reserve, rather than being turned over to farmland or some other development.

And finally, because he was a rare black-maned lion he brought in plenty of tourists, which is presumably important for the local economy. Not only is it important for the local economy, but it's important for the wildlife in the region too, because a successful tourist sector ensures that large areas are economically viable as a nature reserve, rather than being turned over to farmland or some other development.

Why should money be a factor? The first two points are fine, but are you saying that if the dentist had paid enough money it would have been fine?

Because he's the alpha male. Which means that not only have they killed one lion, but they've ensured that the new alpha male will kill all of his cubs too. Add to that the fact that he was tagged, suggesting he was involved in some important research. And finally, because he was a rare black-maned lion he brought in plenty of tourists, which is presumably important for the local economy. Not only is it important for the local economy, but it's important for the wildlife in the region too, because a successful tourist sector ensures that large areas are economically viable as a nature reserve, rather than being turned over to farmland or some other development.

They always go for alpha males this is not special(thats why its called trophy hunting), neither is the colour of his mane that important. Yes his cubs will most likely not survive which is tragic but again this is what normally happens on a successful hunt. The point about the economy and so on isn't really worth much in my opinion because there will be a new alpha they will name it(which will then become famous), he will have his own offspring and the tourists will still come(they aren't coming just to see one lion surely you don't believe that? the park is arguably more famous now). It is sad but life will go on and hopefully more protection for other lions will come of this which is far more important than most of the other things people seem to be focusing on.

Words fail me...what an arrogant entitled arsewipe. Fucking lob him unarmed into the Serengeti..see what he thinks of hunting when he isn't the one doing it. Selfish bastard.

I'm outraged, in fact i'm so outraged I demand i'm more outraged than the twitterati and the Yanks with painted whiskers on their faces outside his house/work place, outraged I tell you

They always go for alpha males this is not special(thats why its called trophy hunting), neither is the colour of his mane that important. Yes his cubs will most likely not survive which is tragic but again this is what normally happens on a successful hunt. The point about the economy and so on isn't really worth much in my opinion because there will be a new alpha they will name it(which will then become famous), he will have his own offspring and the tourists will still come(they aren't coming just to see one lion surely you don't believe that?
The new alpha isn't a black mane lion. There's a reason that zoos are so keen to get white tigers. People will come specifically to see something they can't see on just any old safari. And a black mane lion is a draw. An alpha male who looks the same as every other lion people have ever seen isn't.

Why should money be a factor? The first two points are fine, but are you saying that if the dentist had paid enough money it would have been fine?
Money is a factor because I'm being realistic. This is a very poor area of the world. If there's no economic reason to maintain the wildlife reserve, it won't happen for long. That's not how it should work, but it's how it does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.