Scum v Manchester City: Official Match Thread

Quite proud of City today,passed the
ball well,Silvas chance goes in after 2 mins and game changes.Lacked mental toughness and belief which will come in time,as important as technique and skill in my opinion,especially at the stage we are at now.Mancinis subs were good and got us the goal,Tevez poor today very unusual for him.VK and Silva top notch,we will not lose many now up to end of season.Richards improved a lot this season,good coaching ? Summerbee tried to balance the bias on Sky well.United never know when they are beaten and their team spirit carries them through but proper Reds will tell you they are a team in a slow decline,while we are getting closer and within 2 years can be outdoing them.All we can do is to keep improving and we are every season.
We need to be patient,as impatient as I am I KNOW we are going to start winning things in the next 2-3 years.We are on the cusp of greatness and with 10 percent more belief could have won that game today,it is coming....

Nanda1977 said:
I realy have that feeling that Tevez is playing for himself, for HIS glory, for his succes and not for the team ... and as long as it stays like that, City wont be able to finish above likes of Chelski, Arsenal, Utd ... Messi plays for the team, even cryronaldo plays for the team ( or at least as much as he can ) .. so Mancini have to change that .. becouse his ( tevez ) hunger for glory will at the end destroyed any chance City have to become No 1 in EPL ... my personal opinion is that player even with less quality tahn Tevez, but willing to do, in every moment, whats best for the TEAM, would do more good than Tevez ... City is becoming his playground for his own goals ... and one who wants to become best, cant alowed that to heppend.

I really have no idea why everyone keeps cribbing about Tevez... he's one of the most prolific strikers on the planet...how can you consider him "selfish"?? Ya, in other matches you could see him trying to take a long-range shot even though somebody else was better positioned...I have screamed in frustration when he did that...but that's just because he was confident enough to take that shot...Who should he even pass to?? Are they even confident enough to take the shot?? So for all the goals that he has scored, should he have just passed the ball?? And when the other guy misses the shot, will you still be praising Tevez for "passing"??

FYI, it was his pass that gave Silva the chance to score...put it down to bad luck that Silva didn't... it could have changed the entire match...
Be grateful of someone who has scored 49 goals for the club till now... and get behind the players...

Prestwich_Blue said:
That was a million times better than the home game and shows they are nothing to be afraid of. We were the better team in so many ways but there's still bits we lack and need to build into our mentality.

1) We're losing 50/50 balls too often so we need greater desire to attack the ball.

2) We aren't getting men in the right positions in and around the box when we get the ball forward. Three times today a dangerous ball was played into space and no one was there to slot it home.

3) The Rooney goal was a great one (though it sickens me to say it) but it stemmed from a passage of play when we were comfortable on the ball just in their half. Then it got passed back aimlessly and eventually whoever the defender was (Kompany or Lescott) hoofed it into touch as they had no options. From that throw in, Rooney eventually scored. If we'd kept the ball in their half we might have fashioned an attack but we just seemed content to keep possession, which we eventually lost.

4) Tempo. If they'd been 2-1 down with 15 minutes to go, they'd have upped the tempo and thrown men and the ball forward. We just don't seem to have that extra gear.

But all-in-all, it was an encouraging performance. The only let-downs were Yaya Toure, who had one of his too frequent poor games, and Tevez.

This.. couldn't agree more and as for Tevez...ya he was not his usual self..every time he got the ball, Vidic kept pushing him and closing him down... Yaya should have tried his charging runs... was most impressed with Silva, Kompany and Richards... Mancini should probably have put Dzeko in for the entire match...

vast improvement in play in games against the top 4/5
it pains me to say a brilliant goal was the difference.
our goal is still on track, champions league football.
gutted at the time but the positives for me still point to bright blue future.
roll on aris

sincity said:
Nanda1977 said:
I realy have that feeling that Tevez is playing for himself, for HIS glory, for his succes and not for the team ... and as long as it stays like that, City wont be able to finish above likes of Chelski, Arsenal, Utd ... Messi plays for the team, even cryronaldo plays for the team ( or at least as much as he can ) .. so Mancini have to change that .. becouse his ( tevez ) hunger for glory will at the end destroyed any chance City have to become No 1 in EPL ... my personal opinion is that player even with less quality tahn Tevez, but willing to do, in every moment, whats best for the TEAM, would do more good than Tevez ... City is becoming his playground for his own goals ... and one who wants to become best, cant alowed that to heppend.

I really have no idea why everyone keeps cribbing about Tevez... he's one of the most prolific strikers on the planet...how can you consider him "selfish"?? Ya, in other matches you could see him trying to take a long-range shot even though somebody else was better positioned...I have screamed in frustration when he did that...but that's just because he was confident enough to take that shot...Who should he even pass to?? Are they even confident enough to take the shot?? So for all the goals that he has scored, should he have just passed the ball?? And when the other guy misses the shot, will you still be praising Tevez for "passing"??

FYI, it was his pass that gave Silva the chance to score...put it down to bad luck that Silva didn't... it could have changed the entire match...
Be grateful of someone who has scored 49 goals for the club till now... and get behind the players...

Dont get me wrong .. i also belive that Tevez is one of the best strikers on this planet now, but, my feeling, i might be wrong, is that he ask and gets to be in center of EVERYTHING on the pitch ... after watching last few games .. i have no statistic to comfirm that ..my feeling is that Tevez alone had possesion of the ball like 20-25% of the time City players had the ball. NO ONE not Xavi nor Fabregas .. and they are playmakers ... cant keep ball that much ... there is no justification for that ... and that will cost City at the end im affraid .... so Mancini has to do somethig about that ... Tevez might be most important part of City puzzle .. but he needs to realise that he is only a part ... biger picture needed

50/50 game we lost to a simply wonderful strike, its as simple as that.

United were last beat at home by chelski in april 2010 and only got beat last week for the first time, even without tranny and tevez they are still a formidable team.

we are getting there but it will take time, do certain of our players lack passion for the shirt, I will leave that for others to decide, will we eventually be as good as anyone else in the premier league?..........Yes

Lads, we will finish in the top 4 this season, don't doubt it. Homework assignment (if you havnt done it already). Watch bluemoon rising. Awe inspiring stuff. God I'm fucking proud to be a city fan. NEXT!

Nanda1977 said:

are u on fucking drugs u wank stain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.