Scum v Manchester City: Official Match Thread

Balti said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
I guess it must be loveley and comfortable in your world, the world where Man City are always under achievers, always the nearly men, little City....never win anything, never achieve anything...your cosy little world, so tonight you will feel smug and satisfied that the world order is still as it was.....
Myself on the other hand wants more, wants to be able to see winners and trophies. Ive had shite for too long and now we have the chance we still fuck up, and this has been my opinion of Mancini from early on, so it;'s not a knee jerk reaction...results speak for themselves and against the top teams our record is shocking because mancini doesn't know how to win when it reallly matters.
Imagine when spurs come to City, are you really confident we'll beat them? I'm not. Mancini has a serious flaw and it's hindering our progress big time and if you can't seee it then I suggest you get some old videos out of when we had shite players and no money and sit smuggly that your club will always be second best on the pitch and feel satisfied that in your world nothing has chnged. Our owners tried to change this, sadly you can't handle it.

yawn

Yawn also but he does have a point. We need to do better against the top teams. Our goal was a lucky deflection and I said at half time thats the only way we wouldve got back into it. VDS had one save to make all game.

Personally I am quite proud of the team. They were very good considering we were playing them at OT. Away games are always tough and we came pretty close. I absolutely hate everything Wayne Rooney, but you can't say anything about that goal. It was a wondergoal. Plain and simple.

You can't blame anyone really. We definitely deserved at least a draw. The reffing was good. At least there was no staggering game altering decisions. Mancini was spot on with all of his decisions. At first I questioned why he brought Kolarov off instead of Zabs. But Zabs is an absolute warrior who bleeds blue. I quickly agreed with his decision.

All in all, good City. We are still moving upwards.

Another point I'd like to point out is this. If you look at dates that people joined you will notice something between those dates and the posts.

A lot of the negative posts are posted by people that joined in 2009 or later, a lot of the positive level-headed posts are posted by people who joined prior to 2009. Just an observation I have made over the last couple of years that I've been on here.

One more point. I said I was gonna fuck off because of all the vile negative posts awhile ago. I apologize for being a douche. I can't stay away.

HellasLEAF said:
citymad said:
C'mon boys be proud of your team

It took something special to beat us.

without analyzing too deeply and going on with rants, this is the basic feeling I have. we should all have.

this was not away to Arsenal today.

hehe

richie24 said:
See the witch hunts started all ready, who's it going to be this week Tevez, Lescott, Mancini. Some people need to give there heads a wobble. The lads did us proud today, I felt we played very well, dominating large parts of the game away from home. We were undone by a wonder goal, these things happen! We move on I believe there a many positives to take away from todays game !
I guess it must be loveley and comfortable in your world, the world where Man City are always under achievers, always the nearly men, little City....never win anything, never achieve anything...your cosy little world, so tonight you will feel smug and satisfied that the world order is still as it was.....
Myself on the other hand wants more, wants to be able to see winners and trophies. Ive had shite for too long and now we have the chance we still fuck up, and this has been my opinion of Mancini from early on, so it;'s not a knee jerk reaction...results speak for themselves and against the top teams our record is shocking because mancini doesn't know how to win when it reallly matters.
Imagine when spurs come to City, are you really confident we'll beat them? I'm not. Mancini has a serious flaw and it's hindering our progress big time and if you can't seee it then I suggest you get some old videos out of when we had shite players and no money and sit smuggly that your club will always be second best on the pitch and feel satisfied that in your world nothing has chnged. Our owners tried to change this, sadly you can't handle it.

Spot on!

Sick of the excuses. "We played well... blah, blah.... wonder goal beat us..... blah blah...."

That was all well and good in years gone by when we had shit players. But we have top players now.... and we still don't beat the fuckers.

We got beat - that's all that matters. And once again Mancini fails to deliver in a big game.

richie24 said:
See the witch hunts started all ready, who's it going to be this week Tevez, Lescott, Mancini. Some people need to give there heads a wobble. The lads did us proud today, I felt we played very well, dominating large parts of the game away from home. We were undone by a wonder goal, these things happen! We move on I believe there a many positives to take away from todays game !

When we had crap players we were never in the top 3! It takes time! This team has been together for 12 months! When Fucking Sir kunt first went to The scum and spent fortunes they were fucking shit for 4 years!!! I'm sorry if your not old enough to remember how shit they were everyone wanted Sir kunt sacked! It took em till 92 to win the league! That proves it takes time for a manager and team to gell! So let's have some patients!

HellasLEAF said:
citymad said:
C'mon boys be proud of your team

It took something special to beat us.

without analyzing too deeply and going on with rants, this is the basic feeling I have. we should all have.

this was not away to Arsenal today.

Sometimes in football you lose when you dont deserve to

I'm actually quite proud of City today

Lets not forget who those twats are. They are close to the top of the pile in world football. The gap is getting narrower and narrower.

that wasnt the result any of us wanted. but we fought them toe to toe the difference between the two side is tiny.

a bit of tinkering and another striker and winger in summer

funlikeruck said:
that wasnt the result any of us wanted. but we fought them toe to toe the difference between the two side is tiny.

a bit of tinkering and another striker and winger in summer
Oh another striker? Another Winger? Then what? anoither one? At what point do the players we have actually deliver or is it just a case that we will buy one more player and we'll suddenly win something. If that's the case you are actually admitting Mancini can't take us any further because with the players we have we should be doing better.
Take a look at the table and see how good it looks...Spurs now overtake us if they win their 2 games in hand, as do chelsea. And we have to go to Chelsea and Spurs come to us, seriously, 4th place is not guaranteed now and after the money we have spent, and the poor season the top teams have had, we have not actually progresed at all from last season. Fact.

Scum play two out and out wingers and that will always give you an advantage in terms of goal mouth chances. We had nothing down the left and only fleeting moments down the right. It was all down the middle for us today and Im sorry you aint going to get past Vidic and co that often. we need to play with width. If we had Bellers and AJ today boy we wouldve given them a tougher test. Tevez worked his nuts off today and had tio come deep again because of our lack of width.

That was a million times better than the home game and shows they are nothing to be afraid of. We were the better team in so many ways but there's still bits we lack and need to build into our mentality.

1) We're losing 50/50 balls too often so we need greater desire to attack the ball.

2) We aren't getting men in the right positions in and around the box when we get the ball forward. Three times today a dangerous ball was played into space and no one was there to slot it home.

3) The Rooney goal was a great one (though it sickens me to say it) but it stemmed from a passage of play when we were comfortable on the ball just in their half. Then it got passed back aimlessly and eventually whoever the defender was (Kompany or Lescott) hoofed it into touch as they had no options. From that throw in, Rooney eventually scored. If we'd kept the ball in their half we might have fashioned an attack but we just seemed content to keep possession, which we eventually lost.

4) Tempo. If they'd been 2-1 down with 15 minutes to go, they'd have upped the tempo and thrown men and the ball forward. We just don't seem to have that extra gear.

But all-in-all, it was an encouraging performance. The only let-downs were Yaya Toure, who had one of his too frequent poor games, and Tevez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.