Scum

de niro said:
fbloke said:
I may get shouted at for saying this, but I think the loss of the glory hunters is exactly what is needed for them to become a real club again. And I for one hope they turn things round.

At the minute the red fans I know who have gone for as long as I can remember still get tarred with the same brush as the rest.

When the attendances drops to 45k those who remain will be true, loyal fans and we can get back to proper debate and discussion with proper fans.

Unfortunately there are signs that a lot of City fans are going the way of the arrogant reds and I just pray we dont find ourselves amongst 10's of thousands of plastics as well, because then we will be tarred with exactly the same brush ourselves.

been saying the same for ages, the plastics will leave the swamp and true fans will return, if they give us a run for our money then thats fine.

of all things in life i hate plastics more than anything, i honestly dont mind proper rag fans.
this

of all things in life i hate plastics more than anything, i honestly dont mind proper rag fans.
Same as that. Genuine rags are okay (up to a point), but I positively loathe and detest the plastic glory hunters. And to think we're going to have more than our fair share of them in the future.

Breadsnapper said:
Aren't they struggling to sell season tickets this season?
Fickle fuckers already me thinks.
As you keep telling liverpool fans what happened in the past doesn't count, it is what is happening now!
The united team is in decline, I can't see them being relegated that is just plaine daft but I can see them struggling to stay in the top 4. Their squad is threadbare as it is and the situation is that if they have any prolonged injuries then they do not have decent cover as they have had in the past.
Not bias ju

de niro said:
fbloke said:
I may get shouted at for saying this, but I think the loss of the glory hunters is exactly what is needed for them to become a real club again. And I for one hope they turn things round.

At the minute the red fans I know who have gone for as long as I can remember still get tarred with the same brush as the rest.

When the attendances drops to 45k those who remain will be true, loyal fans and we can get back to proper debate and discussion with proper fans.

Unfortunately there are signs that a lot of City fans are going the way of the arrogant reds and I just pray we dont find ourselves amongst 10's of thousands of plastics as well, because then we will be tarred with exactly the same brush ourselves.

been saying the same for ages, the plastics will leave the swamp and true fans will return, if they give us a run for our money then thats fine.

Lots of the family that my sister married into a HUGE United fans. I mean the season tickets for 30 years, home and away even to Europe lot. In fact, one of them who's in his twenties that as he has been to the unveiling of a couple of the European/FA Cups and had a chance to pick them up, takes great delight in telling me that he has personally lifted more trophies than my club in my entire lifetime.

The twat.

Proper rag fans are fine, and the banter between the two sets should be kept. The fact is, many of them don't really go in for all of this Green And Gold crap, which seems to be (mainly) the post-92 crowd. I heard a rumour that United's former 'head', Tony O'Neill, refuses to let any Green And Gold stuff on his away coach. Don't know whether that's true, but it sums up an attitude of some of the fans.

I hate everything that United stands for as a club, now and in it's history. However, that doesn't mean that every fan is a gloryhunting prick. The guys who were there for twenty years before the glory will still be there twenty years after it.

Damocles said:
de niro said:

Lots of the family that my sister married into a HUGE United fans. I mean the season tickets for 30 years, home and away even to Europe lot. In fact, one of them who's in his twenties that as he has been to the unveiling of a couple of the European/FA Cups and had a chance to pick them up, takes great delight in telling me that he has personally lifted more trophies than my club in my entire lifetime.

The twat.

Proper rag fans are fine, and the banter between the two sets should be kept. The fact is, many of them don't really go in for all of this Green And Gold crap, which seems to be (mainly) the post-92 crowd. I heard a rumour that United's former 'head', Tony O'Neill, refuses to let any Green And Gold stuff on his away coach. Don't know whether that's true, but it sums up an attitude of some of the fans.

I hate everything that United stands for as a club, now and in it's history. However, that doesn't mean that every fan is a gloryhunting prick. The guys who were there for twenty years before the glory will still be there twenty years after it.

Tony O'Neill isn't allowed anywhere near a football ground so I doubt he's allowed to run coaches to away matches...

mcfcliam said:
Tony O'Neill isn't allowed anywhere near a football ground so I doubt he's allowed to run coaches to away matches...

I'm pretty sure that these wouldn't be 'official' coaches. As I say anyway, just a rumoured I've heard banded about, don't know anything about the man to be honest.

Damocles said:
de niro said:

The twat.

Think it's 'the general' and he's banned but organises the European games, i've heard of both reds and blues that he's a nob anyway. I know this coz I know 3 or 4 proper reds(yes 3 or 4 and I live in Manchester) Though to be honest if I don't know someone but know they're a red I won't even try and talk to them. Pretty sad I know but City fans are always more down to earth and knowlegable about football. Most of my good mates call themselves reds but comparing that to your average city fan then it means fuck all.

colinbellsboots said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
Because some football fans are exactly that, take an interest in all things football, just a thought. Personally i dont, but dont see it a problem with other fans discussing pressing matters, when in the pub do you only speak to blues?
im im old school, what he says is quite true, a lot of my friends are rags, , of course they take, the piss,ITS CALLED HUMOUR, there isnt normaly any hastle, between us, just a good crack, its the younger GLORY huntin idiots, who dont know there real history(pre 1992), we used to go to city one week, and if i couldnt make city away, then it was the swamp the week after.
yes there where idiots around in them days ffs there have always been , but you accutully knew who the idiots where, they either got avoided or had a good talkin to, followed by a slap round the back of the head, and told to fuck off and behave.....only ever went to about 10 games tho, but i know A LOT of REAL blues who used to do the same, ffs we worked together, went drinking together, and went to the match together, dont delude yourselves it never happend coz it did.......it all changed in 1974 when united got relegated(lol), i was on my way with friends to the swamp, got on 211 bus at crown point, only to be slapped by a united fan, i ofcourse retaleated, ended up on my FIRST ever charge, ABH.....since that day i have never and will never step foot in the swamp, still got the same mates,(who backed me up by the way) thats coz we are mates and at the end of the day MATES STAND TOGETHER ....respect to them, and welcome to the site hoot.....but i WILL BE WATCHING YOU, beware grrrrrrrr lol
Thanks for the welcome, and just for my Dad, a Hulme lad, good luck for the season.

Rein in your horses, we have not won anything yet.Yes its exciting times but we have nothing to show for it yet except our europa league place.If we start to dominate over them then we can boast, but hopefully in a dignified manner and not with angry tirades filled with obscenities...thats what the gloryhunters that follow them do best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.